Hardware Project Leader Telematics & Connectivity Systems (m/f/d)Ulm, Germany Job ID: R-14162-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What You Will Do:
- Technical lead of hardware development projects in the field of automotive infotainment (optional: with safety skill, i.e. ASIL, ISO 26262)
- Technical lead of the local HW project team, steering of the project team in remote locations (Bucharest, Shanghai) in close cooperation to the local project leader
- Act as customer interface Hardware
- Perform the analysis, evaluation and feasibility of customer requirements and special OEM specifications for RFC, RFI, RFQ and CRs, BOM estimates and calculation, effort estimation and technical support for risk management
Perform the analysis of cost-down measures to achieve HW BOM targets
- Realization of system designs, schematics and/or schematics integration of hardware applications and functional blocks / modules for In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems in the range of medium to high complexity under consideration of Harman guidelines during the complete development process
- Global cooperation with other departments as Construction, Quality, Manufacturing and Software during the development process
- Maintenance support
- Technical support for internal and/or external staff in the industrialization of functional items in an international environment (e.g. ODM, EMS suppliers)
- Analysis of the customer specification, generation of related work packages (design and verification) and performing design reviews for each development stage
- Collect, analyze and prepare all relevant project data for the project status and report project status to management level
- Perform technical measurements on customer site (EMC, Thermal, functional)
- Execution of special projects on behalf of the disciplinary superior
What You Need:
- Minimum of bachelor degree in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or appropriate graduation)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the HW development of In-vehicle Infotainment systems, telematics/connectivity or other automotive ECUs of similar complexity level
- Experience in the project management
- High knowledge of the requirements inside the automotive area, especially for EMC
- Experience in requirements management (e.g. DOORS) beneficial
- Structured and result-oriented working style
- Experience in technical lead of HW team
- Ability of team work with internal/external teams
- Good knowledge in spoken and written English
What is Nice to Have
- Experience in ASIL / ISO 26262 compliant hardware designs
- Experience in the development of telematics systems and/or wireless features
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel within German & international on demand (10-25%)
What We Offer:
- HARMAN offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation
- You will also receive top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance
- Attractive salary package based on the Metall & Elektro Tarif Baden Wurttemberg and an Employer contribution towards a company pension plan
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies which also includes extensive technical trainings
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.