Senior Manager, Business Development JapanTokyo, Japan Additional Location: Tokyo, Japan Job ID: R-14739-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Professional Solutions SBU requires a proven Business Development leader to lead and drive new initiatives beyond current revenue base in Japan sales region. The position will be responsible for leading business development relationships with key decision makers, system integrators and consultants in Japan, and will have to work collaboratively with other stakeholders such as the distributors, channel sales leader and application teams.
This role reports to VP & GM, Professional Solutions, APAC. There will be no direct reports.
What You Will Do
- Work with VP & GM, Asia-Pacific to define and execute a successful business development strategy for Japan to deliver incremental sales growth and long-term value for the business.
- Program management of new business opportunities, including developing timing and resource plans, communicating with and coordinating internal resources to successfully execute customer requirements
- Establish and maintain high touch relationships with internal and external stakeholders and influencers
- Gain a strong understanding of key vertical markets & customer segments for the Pro Business and identify opportunities to drive incremental growth through new user/customer acquisition and by raising brand awareness.
- Identify strategic opportunities and through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., System Integrators, Consultants, End Users) and pursue them to successful closure through close collaboration with Japan Channel Partners
- Identify high value product opportunities suitable for Japan market application and work closely with product management teams to develop and launch products for Japan
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing team to develop marketing activities that support business development initiatives
- Build and implement strategic initiatives with channel partners to drive growth
- Provide regular reports and status updates
- Track, manage, and follow up on all business development activities via CRM system
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in sales management (business development) with proven track record of exceeding goals/objectives.
- Broad overall knowledge of technology, knowledge of audio, video control and lighting products and IP/IT orientation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prospect, present to clients, and consistently close large deals.
- Ability to understand business requirements and effectively present/articulate advanced HARMAN video and control solutions and HARMAN audio technology.
What is Nice to Have
- Experience of a fast pace commercial environment and to prioritize workload effectively
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- Demonstrated experience working across a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent Team Player
- Outgoing personality and strong in creating and managing customer relationships
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Fluent English written and speaking ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all stakeholders
What We Offer
- We offer an authentic diverse, equal, and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development in a truly global organization.
- You will work on products and services that touch people’s lives and will change the industrial standards, being a part of the transformations in our industry.
- Our work environments are fast paced, challenging, empowering, collaborative, flexible and exciting.
- We offer our own HARMAN University with regular updates on the new technologies and trends by utilizing various sessions organized by Self Learning and Development Trainings to help grow and advance talent.
- We offer competitive compensation/benefit programs and recognition programs.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)