Senior Engineer, SWTokyo, Japan Additional Location: Tokyo, Japan Job ID: R-2433-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
OTA (Over the Air Update) is an innovative and important solution for cutting edge connected technologies market as Connected Car, IoT and Mobile. This position focuses on sever side software engineering in technical support, integration / deployment and solution architect for Harman OTA solution.
What You Will Do
- Technical Support in Software Management Solution (focusing on Server Side) for Automotive / IOT / Mobile, which is the combination of OTA Update Technology (modifying and updating the embedded software of mobile products over a wireless network) and Device Management Technology
Installing, configuring and deploying the server products to various types of infrastructure, as customer on premise, private cloud or public cloud.
Providing after-sales white-box level technical support in coordination with various related departments (as R&D, Product Management, Solution Management, Project Management) to provide the solutions (business relationships with major carriers and manufacturers have already been established) mainly to automotive OEM / Tier-1, mobile phone carriers, manufacturers, and software development companies.
- Designing, deploying and maintaining internal lab server Infrastructure for technical research, troubleshooting, prototyping, etc.
- Understand customer’s requirements, tailor a solution based on Redbend’s products and services, and create the optimal solution fitting both customer needs and corporate strategy, collaborating with various internal functional teams as Product Management / Solution Management / Project Management / R&D / Technical Support
- Engage in E2E solution planning for each customer’s configuration in hands-on level
What You Need
- Customer facing technical experience, as Field Application Engineering, Technical Support, Life Cycle Maintenance, Customer Success Engineering, Solution Architect, Sales Engineering, etc.
- Technical experience and skill in server side technologies for the following areas
UNIX/Linux server operating system technical experience (especially Red Hat Enterprise Linux), including installation and configuration
Basic programming experience in Java.
Java web application troubleshooting and code level debugging skill (especially Apache Tomcat based)
Relational Database (especially Oracle DB) configuration and administration, and SQL skill.
Network Infrastructure configuration, administration and troubleshooting, as Firewall, Reverse Proxy, Load Balancer, DNS
- Native Level Japanese
- Comprehensive English skills in business level
- A 4-year college degree or more. Fundamental computer science knowledge in bachelor degree, or equivalent.
What is Nice to Have
- Technical experience and skill in server side technologies for the following areas is nice to have.
Scripting as Python, UNIX/Linux shell script, a plus. Web applications integration via REST API, a plus.
Advanced topics for Database. Object-Relational Mapping technology understanding (especially Hibernate), a plus. NoSQL Database skill (especially Elasticsearch) and Big Data related experience, a plus
Public Cloud skill (as solution designing, deployment and maintenance on Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure / Google Cloud Platform) and Server Virtualization skill (as configuration / administration of VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, CloudStack, OpenStack) a plus
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in Tokyo Akihabara Office
What We Offer
- We offer an authentic diverse, equal, and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development in a truly global organization.
- You will work on products and services that touch people’s lives and will change the industrial standards, being a part of the transformations in our industry.
- Our work environments are fast paced, challenging, empowering, collaborative, flexible and exciting.
- We offer our own HARMAN University with regular updates on the new technologies and trends by utilizing various sessions organized by Self Learning and Development Trainings to help grow and advance talent.
- We offer competitive compensation/benefit programs and recognition programs.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)