Materials EngineerTijuana, Mexico Job ID: 131356 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
What You Will Do
- Drive service parts fulfillment improvements globally
- Develop analysis and actions to eliminate aging orders globally
- Effectively communicate aging orders status to global regions
- Coordinate proper material master updates for spare parts (pricing, purchasing info-records, lead-times, MOQ, etc.)
- Expedite parts with buyers to achieve customer requirement dates
- Planning and implementation of min/max levels for spare parts globally
- Drive actions to prevent delay on the delivery of spare parts to customers
- Report fulfillments globally and per region
- Drive analysis and coordination to recover service parts from finish goods
- Develop and deploy last time buy analysis
- Deploy best practices in the different service centers related to aging resolution
- Present ideas for operational, sales and logistic improvements based on analysis
- Track and report on hot case status, customer satisfaction, service trends, and other key performance metrics
- Provide on-going communication with management and inter-departmental functions
- Interface as required with customers and suppliers to resolve issues and ensure company goals are met
- Optimize the spare parts inventory level
- Support and track NPI spare parts
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other like field preferred
- 3-5 years experience in planning and procurement activities
- 3-5 years experience with ERP Business Management software, preferably SAP.
- 3-5 years experience in the MRP/Master planning cycle processes
- Fluent in English; both verbal and written
- Strong data analysis skillset
- Strong problem solving skills applicable to processes – Six Sigma certification preferred
- Effectively present information and provide solutions to the organization
- Effective communication skills including cross-functional interactions
- Drives positive change and continuous improvement, and accepts responsibility
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international, as needed to support job scope
- Proficient in PC software such as MS Office for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases and in writing reports to upper management.
- Must have a high level of sense of urgency and drive the business with data
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and within OSHA's standard requirements.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to touch and handle objects, tools, and controls and also to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Knowledge in ISO 14001 & ISO 9001
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)