Incoming Quality EngineerTijuana, Baja California Additional Location: Tijuana, Mexico Job ID: R-15831-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Works standing 50 % of the time.
- Supervises that the inspection is done in accordance with the quality plans which have been established.
- Performs the filing of drawings, receive material and MDR’S records.
- Maintains relationship with the Production area in order to solve diverse situations linked to any failure do to non-conforming and doubtful material.
- Reviews in collaboration with Engineering and Production the quality requirements for the introduction of new products and processes, insuring the new materials are evaluated and approve in accordance with the FA Process (First Article Approval Process)
- Supervises the application of random inspections, testing and evaluation of incoming materials in accordance with the established quality standards and the transactions and input in to the Inventory Control System of the material that has been approved.
- Maintains statistical records of incoming inspections and performance of the different suppliers.
- Assures that non-conforming materials are properly segregated.
- Appraises the performance of subordinates and recommends the appropriate development plans and obtains the appropriate feedback.
- Develops standard procedures for the performance of the activities of the position.
- Trains Incoming Inspectors and Technicians.
- Keeps track of all supplier quality issues.
- Reports to supplier non conforming materials.
- Negotiates cost associated to rejected materials, including RTV and cost collection.
- Drive efforts to improve incoming materials quality, guiding supplier to take and report corrective actions.
- Ranks suppliers based on their performance and reports periodically.
- Responsible for coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements of their organization
- Report supplier performance and quality to management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier management programs
- Keep track of inventory of non conformance material in order to take disposition of it
REQUIRED Specific Knowledge, Expertise, Coursework
- Basic Knowledge of Quality Systems (ISO 9001).
- Basic Knowledge of SPC.
- Computer knowledge (MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- REQUIRED Degree and/or Training, including specifically defined educational equivalent
- BS Technical Engineering Degree.
- REQUIRED Certifications/Licenses
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- AQL Sampling
- REQUIRED Specific Prior Experiences
- 5 years of prior experience in industrial product manufacturing environment.
- 5 years of prior experience in Q.A. as incoming inspection Engineer (Supplier Quality a plus)
- REQUIRED Physical Demands
- Demands effort to analyze, plan, diagnose, and coordinate.
- Take important decisions, which will have consequences for the Company.
Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
- Able to plan and organize
- Social and group skills
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)