Sr Manager, Program(Replacement) 1 1Suzhou, China Job ID: 117698 Additional locations: [[China, Suzhou]]
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Requisition Id :[]
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:[[China, Suzhou]]
- Manage 4-8 audio system (system or amplifier) programs, requiring both applications and development engineering. .
- Foster positive environment to create high-achieving team: treat all members with respect, encourage constructive dissent, re-focus team members when they get off-track, give positive feedback whenever it is appropriate, maintain a positive attitude, and reallocate resources in order to meet team commitments.
- Define tasks to be performed by cross-functional team in developing systems. Use task list to create a work breakdown structure. Use work breakdown structure to establish program schedule.
- Follow corporate product development process. Ensure the compliance of team members.
- Ensure prompt decision-making is executed by promoting consensus decisions, intervening when consensus decision-making fails, and making unilateral decisions in the case of a deadlock.
- Understand all of the technical detail of the products used in all systems, both electrical and mechanical.
- Approve requirements and technical solutions for meeting requirements for all development products.
- Lead team meetings by establishing an agenda, monitoring discussion to insure adherence to agenda, promoting a free exchange of ideas, challenging the pre-conceptions of team-members, finishing the meeting in a timely fashion, and publishing meeting minutes.
- Establish program budget. Manage program budget.
- Work with Sales, Supplier Engineering, and Design Engineering to set system cost target. Meet system cost target.
- Set team goals for timeliness, customer issues, and quality. Lead team to meet goals.
- Interact with all internal functions: design engineering, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, marketing, and sales.
- Negotiate resource allocations from functional managers. When a resource conflict occurs, negotiate a solution with functional managers and other program managers.
- Serve as lead program interface with sales.
- Identify program issues as early as possible and drive resolution at the team level. If resolutions requires management intervention, escalate to appropriate management personnel with proposed alternatives.
- Review selected suppliers and quotes, and participate in supplier reviews/selection as appropriate.
- Coordinate and oversee ordering of prototype and production tooling.
- Audit task completion. Report major deviations from plan to appropriate management.
- Provide monthly reports in requested format.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering
- Minimum 7 years Project Management experience managing projects throughout product development lifecycle
- Minimum eight years related experience in relevant product development disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Technical Management, Quality, Manufacturing, etc.)
- PMP certification preferred
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.