Sr Engineer I, Transducer-167(Iho)Suzhou, China Job ID: 125283 Additional locations: [[Suzhou]]
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:[[Suzhou]]
What You Will Do
- Working with a small a team of Transducer Engineers with primary responsibility / accountability for the initiation and development of feasible, cost effective and reliable transducer designs from concept through to production, supporting both customer vehicle and Harman R&D projects.
- Support NPD/R&D projects and supervise Transducer Engineers as team members with responsibility and accountability for all Transducer Engineering activities.
- Participate in the development of common work practices, procedures and design standards with other Audio Systems design groups within Harman Automotive.
- Conduct simulations using Harman proprietary and commercial Finite Element Analysis software
- Supervise the integrity of acoustic and environmental testing of loudspeakers
- Ensure that the necessary documentation is provided that defines and verifies transducer designs. Documentation includes sketches, BOMs, analytical/modeling data, acoustic data sheets, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, etc.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in world-class best practice in relation to audio product design, development, modeling / analysis, materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations per customer requirements, and prepare technical reports and presentations for Harman management, peers, and direct reports, as necessary. Prepare papers suitable for presentation at conferences.
- Provide continuing technical support for production level product and guidance for the resolution of various customer and interdepartmental issues, as required.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)