AMP CoC Process&Tools Leader 1Suzhou, China Job ID: 119730 Additional locations: Suzhou, China
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Requisition Id :119730
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:Suzhou, China
The Director of Process and Tools is responsible for process and tool efficiency for functional engineering groups. The Director of Process and Tools is responsible for defining and implementing process and tools strategies across engineering disciplines. The process and tools team will manage process and tools projects; quoting effort/timing, managing developing and supporting the tool strategies for all functional areas. This technical leader is a key change catalyst driving continuous efficiency improvements leading to improvement in quality and cost.
The Director of Process and Tools will lead and direct teams of varying size based on the active projects. Teams members may be located in Novi, Michigan, Queretaro, Mexico and Bangalore, India.
• Develop and implement strategies for engineering and design software tools for Software, Mechanical, Electrical and SystemsEengineering.
• Develop and implement engineering processes for Software, Mechanical, Electrical and Systems Engineering.
• Coordnate with functional engineering groups to create a backlog of efficiency improvement ideas through tools and/or tool improvements.
• Quote and manage the prioritization of efficiency improvement projects.
• Develop resource plans with internal and/or external resources to support active projects.
• Manage projects by developing project schedules, maintaining budgets, and meeting technical requirements.
• Lead innovation of tool improvement opportunities.
• Develop software for active projects while following a traditional software quality process: documented designs, commented code, acceptance testing, etc.
• Support functional areas of Software, Hardware, Mechanical, Transducer, and Acoustics Engineering.
• BS degree in engineering or computer science
• 20 years of experience managing/developing engineering tools and processes
• 5+ years of experience directly managing people, teams
• Experience with engineering tools in software, hardware, mechanical, transducer, and acoustic domains such as Jira, Bamboo, GIT, Doors, Mentor Graphics, Hyperlinx, PSPICE, Catia, Ansys, COMSOL or equivalent tools.
• Experience developing PC-based tools and interfacing with API’s from third party tools.
• Experience performing in a DevOps role supporting a global engineering organization.
• Experience with Linux and UNIX administration
• Experience with scripting languages
• Experience with Web technologies
• Experience with developing and maintaining high availability production systems
• Experience with automation frameworks and configuration management
• Experience with continuous integration tools and platforms
Preferred Qualifications and Behaviors:
• MS degree in engineering or computer science, MBA, and/or PhD in engineering or computer science
• Experience in automotive product development
• Experience in development and/or documentation of engineering process and control methods
• Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
• Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
• Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
• Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
• Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
• Willingness to travel at least 20% of the time.
• Willingness to work in an office.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.