AKG National Sales ManagerSunrise, Florida, United States Job ID: 117967 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
Responsible for working with HARMAN’s customers, partners, internal sales channel, and independent sales reps to drive sales and build trust in the AKG brand. This role will be responsible for proactively growing AKG revenue and increasing market share across the United States and Canada. The successful candidate will work with management and other stakeholders to design and implement strategic business plans that grow the AKG business. This role will act a technical resource for all AKG Professional products, including microphones (recording, wireless, and boundary layer mics), headphones, and headsets. This position will ensure AKG is top of mind with key customers by developing/maintaining strategic partnerships. The AKG National Sales Manager will assist our regional and audio sales teams with AKG technical support and will guide the creation of sales enablement materials. This role will also be responsible for providing accurate sales forecasts for the brand and communicating feedback to the product development team. The successful candidate will be part of a team consisting of other highly motivated audio and technically strong subject matter experts.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Drive sales growth of the AKG portfolio
- Help design and implement strategic business plans to increase AKG revenue
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Proactively seek out sales opportunities
- Act as an AKG technical resource for North America region
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for the brand, updating CRM to reflect ongoing sales and our future pipeline
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Support sales teams, customers, and partners with their AKG-related questions and projects
- Design/implement trainings on AKG products for internal audiences, independent sales reps, and dealer sales associates
- Ensure that the channel is fully aware of the product range and its applications and are technically trained on AKG products
- Develop sales enablement materials, including “train the trainer,” best practices, competitive comparison charts, FAQs, etc.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships
- Liaison with product management team to 1) educate the channel about new/existing products and 2) share feedback from the field that could influence future product design
- Support channel sales team on high priority sales calls, meetings, and events
- Expert level experience in audio industry
- Expert level experience in a sales leadership or business development role
- Technical expertise of entire AKG portfolio
- Deep understanding of target markets, including but not limited to: recording, live sound, and corporate
- Knowledge of competitor brands and products
- Thorough understanding of audio equipment used within the target markets
- Ability to successfully manage multiple long-term and short-term tasks concurrently
- Able to work independently and reliably while communicating between key stakeholders on project details
- Excellent communication, decision-making, presentation, and organizational skill
- CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & industry standard software
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- MBA Preferred
- Willingness to travel 50-70% of the time
- Willingness to work in a remote office in the US.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)