Summer Intern, Digital WebStamford, Connecticut Job ID: 127420 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
HARMAN’s diverse portfolio of businesses and customers offer interns a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of projects and practices. As a member of our team, your primary role will be to work with the Digital Web team on projects related to the HARMAN global SharePoint and Office 365 platforms and global corporate web sites.Our 2021 program is slated to be a virtual experience, with a possibility of in-person based on local regulations at the time.
This role will directly report to the Director of Web, Mobile and HR Systems in support of the Web team project and support activities.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the migration of SharePoint on-premises sites, workflows and application into SharePoint Online
- Aid with the branding refresh of the HARMAN Corporate family of web sites.
- Perform testing of new applications being introduced to the business units.
What You Need
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Sophomore year or later, at an accredited institution taking at least one class in the semester prior to the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Degree must be in related area of work with courses in Computer Science or Information Management Systems
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to confidently interact and present information to senior leaders
- Must work collaboratively with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
What is Nice to Have
- Previous entry level work experience strongly preferred
What Makes You Eligible
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 24, 2021 through August 13, 2021 and be able to work 40 hours per week
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Real-world work assignments and the opportunity to make an impact on our business
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the organization
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)