Manager, International TaxStamford, Connecticut, United States Job ID: 118013 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
The Manager, International Tax will be a key function in assisting with international income tax planning and reporting and will be a key stakeholder in the planning, risk mitigation and reporting for the Company’s international operations. This individual will provide the Senior Director with deadline management, tax research, and will proactively assist other departments with items concerning various aspects of tax on an as needed basis.
0 direct/indirect reports.
- Provide tax technical support with the Company’s efforts to properly calculate the impact of new U.S. international tax provisions implemented via the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 including Transition Tax, GILTI, FDII and BEAT.
- Work closely with other Tax Department team members to identify and implement sustainable tax planning and processes to continually improve efficiencies with international tax processes
- Managing international aspects of the outsourced U.S. Federal tax return including subpart F review and documentation, Forms 5471, 8858, and 1118, foreign tax credit computation and §861 allocations
- Maintain E&P/tax pool model for German holding company structure and other key foreign CFC’s
- Collaborate with other Tax Department team members to develop relationship with IRS exam team and provide timely responses to IRS international tax audit inquiries
- Research and analyze U.S. federal income tax issues related to IRS audits and international tax matters
- Provide proactive support to cross-functional teams (e.g., Finance, Legal, Treasury, IT) and outside consultants
- Train, mentor and develop members of the Tax department; work with peers to maintain a positive team atmosphere
- Develop effective strategic relationships with business personnel and outside advisors to identify international tax exposures and opportunities for tax planning
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance degree or equivalent experience
- MST or JD
- 5 – 8 years of “Big Four” public accounting or equivalent industry experience working in the corporate tax department of complex multinational corporation
- Strong international tax technical skills and base of accounting for income tax with U.S. international tax issues such as:
- Restructurings, mergers, acquisitins and legal entity rationalization projects
- Deemed inclusin rules under Subpart F and section 956
- Freign tax credit and the related rules under section 861
- Base knowledge of new U.S. international tax provisions implemented via the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 including Transition Tax, GILTI, FDII, and BEAT
- Detail-oriented with a desire to lead but also willing to do hands-on preparation
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
- Ability to coordinate work within diverse and geographically dispersed teams and to deliver through to completion and manage large projects and workflows
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting complex data that may come from a variety of sources and in multiple formats
- Excellent modelling, written and verbal communication skills
- Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making
- Clear and strategic thinker
- Experience with SAP or other financial reporting systems a plus
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Willingness to travel <10%.
- Willingness to work in an office in Stamford, CT.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)