Manager Global Rewards, Executive Compensation & Global BenefitsStamford, Connecticut Job ID: 121559 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
The Manager, Executive Compensation & Global Benefits will be responsible for managing the planning, implementation and administration of executive compensation and global benefits programs that attract, retain, motivate and rewards employees.
What You Will Do
- Aligns executive compensation programs and global benefits with overall business strategy
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of the Long-Term Cash Incentive Plan. This includes participating in plan design and leading administration, training and communication.
- Administers executive compensation programs, including annual benchmarking and compensation review.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date job descriptions for all executive level positions.
- Oversees the Executive Survey process to ensure robust market data is available for senior leadership roles.
- Manage communication process for all executive compensation programs.
- Manage the grading review and approval process for all Grade 16 and above roles and salary recommendations.
- Manages and administers US SERP program.
- Establish Global Governance guidelines and process for Global Benefits Programs.
- Assess best practices for managing Global Benefits and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Provide consultative support to all countries on matters related to Global Benefits.
- Coordinate the annual Business Financial Target process with Finance and the Global HR community.
- Coordinate Quarterly Business Financial Targets Update with the Communications and Corporate Finance teams including the drafting of all presentation materials.
- Manage and administer the US Severance Pay Plan including executing annual compliance reporting, review exceptions to policy and ensure all policy related items are up-to-date and externally competitive.
- Research best practices and develop retention strategy recommendations. Monitor turnover at the executive level and propose retention recommendations where needed. Partner with Global HRBP team to provide consultative support on retention issues.
- Support M&A activity as needed.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional level compensation role within a global organization
- 3+ years’ experience in executive compensation or global benefits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management and employees, including HR colleagues, Sr Executives and Business leaders and cross-functional colleagues in Finance, Legal and Communications
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills along with proficiency with HRIS systems, spreadsheet and database software tools – Workday and Excel
- Strategic thinking ability with strong financial acumen
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 25% of time
- Be willing to work in Stamford, CT office
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)