Manager, Corporate AccountingStamford, Connecticut Job ID: 118038 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
This position is responsible for general Corporate Accounting functions and the oversight of the Corporate Accounting team. You will deliver best-in-class services for the corporate accounting department. You will analyze the corporate ledgers and ensure proper recording of various balance sheet and income statement activity. You will provide accounting expertise and experience to ensure accurate and timely financial statement submissions.
This position has 5 direct reports – 4 Senior Accountants, and an A/P Analyst.
- Ensure that the Company has put in place and continues to have an effective internal control environment.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly accounting close process for Corporate reporting entities, ensuring all financial information is accurately reflected in the general ledger in compliance with GAAP.
- Perform analysis of significant accounts as necessary.
- Prepare required management reporting and analysis as it relates to Corporate results or specific accounts.
- Assist the Corporate Controller to provide financial accounting, reporting, procedural and internal control guidance to Corporate departments.
- Provide insight and analysis regarding the monthly and quarterly financial results for Corporate to VPs and the Corporate Controller, as needed.
- Review the work of others, ensuring that the accounting is appropriate for other areas within corporate accounting, including prepaids, accruals, debt and interest, fixed assets and depreciation, fringe benefit costs, corporate group services costs and allocations.
- Provide analysis of key consolidated financial statement line items to senior management.
- Critically review financial analyses and schedules prepared by other department members.
- Support the consolidation of preliminary budgets and comparison to targets for the consolidated Company and the corporate group.
- Administer the budget system, lead efforts for process and system improvements, provide guidance and technical support to local administrators and schedule upgrades and maintenance.
- Manage various projects directly related to corporate accounting responsibilities on an ongoing basis and other projects as requested.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to direct reports and others on projects to analyze and improve operating efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Support various IT projects which impact systems used by the team. (i.e. user acceptance testing, review of data to be migrated etc.)
- Work with Harman business units to ensure intercompany transactions between the Corporate office and global divisions are handled with accuracy and reconciled every month.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Experience working in a large, multi-national organization desired
- 7+ years of accounting experience with increased responsibility.
- Prior supervisor experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of working under deadlines in a fast paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and accomplishing objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be proactive, take the initiative, be a self-starter, and frequently exceeds expectations and delivers outstanding results
- Demonstrated ability to function at varied levels including “hands on” detail work and higher level strategic thinking along with the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)