Director Corporate Talent Management and Diversity & InclusionStamford, Connecticut Job ID: 129101
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Director, Corporate Talent Management and Diversity & Inclusion is responsible for the strategic design and delivery of the global Performance, Succession, and Diversity & Inclusion Talent Management practices that will enable HARMAN Corporate Functions to achieve its 2025 growth targets. The Corporate Functions are Finance, Digital, Legal, HR, Strategy, Technology, Supply Chain and Operations. This role will be a change agent, leveraging HARMAN’s Global Talent Management and Industry’s new practices in the Talent Management space and identifying and implementing the most appropriate solutions to deliver the talent pipeline the Corporate Functions need to attain their business strategy and goals.
This role will collaborate with the Global and Divisional Talent Management Directors to drive the annual talent management cycles as well as to implement new practices, always ensuring they reinforce our D&I strategy and goals. He/She will elevate the credibility of the D&I function by increasing the buy-in from leadership at all levels and using data analytics to enhance decision making. This role will act externally as HARMAN’s brand ambassador and internally as TM and D&I expert and thought leader.
What You Will Do
- Acting as a “Relationship Manager” to all Corporate functions teams including Finance, Digital, Legal, HR, Strategy, Technology, Supply Chain and Operations business areas, working closely with global and local HR Business Partners to address needs associated with organization, talent assessment, diversity and inclusion, and leadership development:
- Be the central point person for career development topics and act as advisor on career goals and interests, as well as development plans
- Deliver leadership and strengths assessments groups, as needed
- Manage and provide overall guidance for annual Performance Management, Succession Planning, Goal setting, KPI tracking, and all sub-processes linked to these for all corporate functions.
- Leverage deep understanding of implicit bias/bias mitigation concepts and/or behavioral competencies to incorporate in existing talent management solutions
- Collaborate with HARMAN U to design and deliver any required training programs to support HR transformation and workforce planning initiatives
- Collaborate with with HR Business partners and HARMAN U to develop functional Career Ladders and identifying competencies needed for the future
- Liase with the head of Leadership Development Programs to ensure corporate high potential talent pools have access to the appropriate development opportunities.
- Function as the strategy lead for Corporate Diversity & Inclusion initiatives and provide thought leadership, analytics and support for policies supporting D&I initiatives, including backing or establishing ERGs
- Lead the continued development and execution of HR transformation and change initiatives
- Identify learning needs for HR to build capability to help increase understanding and awareness of D&I, TM and strategic business partnership topics
- Provide coaching and ER support to all corporate functions
- Lead other strategic HR initiatives as requested
- Develop HR for HR strategy to build competencies within the HR function and provide business partnership support, as needed
- Support talent insights and reporting for corporate functions
Workforce Planning and Organizational Effectiveness:
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Conceptualize, design, develop and implement a strategic workforce plan that supports global business goals and strategies while remaining hands on in the day-to-day execution
- Collaborates within the HR function, and across business and functional groups in shaping talent strategies, workforce location strategies, forecasting and budget-aligned workforce/headcount plans
- Develop actionable scorecards and metrics that provide insight into the current and future workforce, its productivity, and business impact.
- Measure/monitor progress of any new orgs or newly assigned teams
- Collaborate with talent acquisition on profiles we need to identify for the future
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of HR related in global organizations
- General Business Acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Creativity, problem solver, ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Change agent, results driven and action oriented
- Analytical and Six Sigma and/or Project management skills
- Proven ability to establish rapport and credibility with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders; has a collaborative approach to work and the ability to influence an outcome through a consultative approach. Fosters relationships at various levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to create strategy and to translate this into workable business solutions
What is Nice to Have?
- Knowledge of best-in-class Talent Management and Diversity & Inclusion practices
- Experience of managing and influencing in a matrixed global environment
- Post graduate degree preferred; Masters Degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Business or Employment Law is desired.
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
What We Offer
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)