Sr. Manager, Warehouse & TransportationShepherdsville, Kentucky Additional Location: Shepherdsville, Kentucky Job ID: R-6680-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
As the Sr. Manager of Warehousing and Transportation, you will be responsible for managing our 3PL relationship over warehousing and outbound transportation activities. You will be involved in all projects and processes that are needed to make the Warehousing & Transportation best in class. All Warehousing and Transportation activities contribute to the strategic growth plan of Harman Lifestyle Consumer North America. Key elements of your role will include managing a team and all related processes, communication, continuous improvement, and best practice development.
You will report to the Director of Supply Chain and you will have two direct reports.
What You Will Do
- Oversee and initiate process improvement for 3PL execution of goods receipt, put away, storage and outbound order processing
- Ensure understanding, training, and adherence to vendor compliance requirements; facilitate research and case resolution as needed
- Own, coordinate and manage the outbound transportation from warehouse to customer delivery including on-time performance measurement
- Reduce inventory losses by implementing robust operations processes and cycle count procedures
- Develop reporting and routines to review forecasted volume, processing capacity, order efficiency and execution, transportation needs, customer care and cost.
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree preferably with a degree in SCM, Operations, Industrial Engineering or Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a warehousing and transportation role
- Minimum 3 years as a people manager
- Experience with SAP ERP / APO / IBP and/or a similar ERP system
- Excellent communication skills both internally (sales, SCM, PM, and Order Management) as well as externally (Retailers). Also, be able to work effectively within a high growth, dynamic, fast speed, and changing matrix environment.
What is Nice to Have
- MBA degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
- APICS certification
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)