Sr Engineer, ToolingShenzhen, Guangdong Additional Location: Shenzhen, China Job ID: R-4623-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
- Participate and advise in all part design reviews with ME and ID give tooling/production recommendations and participate in tolerance analysis and tolerance studies.
- Provided tooling concepts to ME & ID included parting line, ejector pins position, gate position for evaluation.
- Calculate cycle times and yield rates for all processes to determine manufacturing capacity.
- Estimate and generate prototype & production tooling and piece part cost, estimated tooling schedule
- Search and identify new materials, manufacturing technologies and finish options.
- Review and approve all DFM for DFM from supplier.
- Approve all tooling design assist with MoldFlow analysis, especially in parting line, gate position, cooling system, vents.
- Track prototype & production tooling build process weekly.
- On-site monitor all tooling sample trials and issues resolve immediately. Optimize injection parameters to ensure part cosmetic can meet MES requirements.
- Manage all tooling modifications and approval all cavity final parts.
- Approve FAI report and CPK in final for the tooling qualification.
- Verify and solid parts cross build, manufacturing processes.
- Review and approve tooling maintenance procedures.
- Manage and develop suppliers’ capabilities.
- Assist postproduction quality/ cost improvement activity related to fixtures and processes
- Continues technical sustaining in mass production.
What You Need
- Minimum of 9 years related work experience in tooling design, fabrication and qualification required in high volume consumer electronic products. Experienced smart band is a plus.
- Good skin in injection machine operate and injection parameters optimization is must.
- Good problem solving skills especially in relation to trouble shooting double molding.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of tooling processes and molding, including new technology of the tooling and injection molding, new plastic material.
- A good understanding of and experience with plastic and metal finishing, decorating, ultrasonic welding and other secondary operations is a plus.
- Clear tooling design requirements and can review and approve tooling design.
- Familiar with ProE, UG and AutoCAD experience must.
- Hands on experience in a fast paced and high quality manufacturing environment with a good working understanding of high volume manufacturing process is preferred.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong planning, scheduling, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, a good team player.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience a must.
What is Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of VOIP, Skype, and similar telecommunications technologies
- Working knowledge of handsets and headsets used for telecommunications.
- Good temperament and ability to work with suppliers and customers from different cultures.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex defects.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes commonly used in acoustics and electronics assemblies.
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
- Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)