Sr. Engineer, Supplier QualityShenzhen, Guangdong Additional Location: Shenzhen, China Job ID: R-5142-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
- Lead and manage ODM suppliers towards achieving breakthrough quality and reliability improvements.
- Work with Sourcing and Engineering team for new supplier evaluation and lead the new supplier certification audit.
- Specify the manufacturing quality assurance requirements to ODM suppliers and Tier 2 suppliers during the new product introduction, monitor the execution and drive the improvement during mass production.
- Partner with Engineering team and ODM suppliers to facilitating product and process design feasibility study for risk mitigation driving, like design for assembly, design for manufacture, design for test, design for quality, etc..
- Specify the PPAP requirement for the key parts qualification before Gate 2 and conduct First Article Inspection of key parts, and Capability Studies on key processes (eg.: injection molding, CNC, die casting, stamping processes, etc.) at DV thru PV stages.
- Provide product and process improvement recommendations.
- Define the process validation protocol for the final assembly and key parts before PV Build, monitor the PV performance and drive the improvement before Start of Production.
- Work with DQ and Engineering team to define the CTP/CTQ and reliability test requirements and prepare Safe Launch plan to ODM and key parts suppliers, monitor the safe launch performance during the PV build and SOP ramp-up phase.
- Define NPI production line setup audit checklist and conduct the line setup audit during PV build and SOP.
- Conduct First Article Inspection on final assembly level before mass production approval at Gate 4.
- Foster teamwork with Harman region quality and product team to ensure total alignment of efforts and objectives
- Conduct periodically product and process audit to ensure the product and process quality fully meeting Harman specification requirement
- Collect and conduct quality data analysis effectively and frequently to focus efforts on top priorities and achieving results
- Lead and lever outsourcing to perform supplier source inspection according to AQL 0.4/major acceptance criteria
- Drive resolutions to ODM supplier and Tier 2 supplier on product, process and material related quality issues.
- Work with OPM, Engineering team and ODM suppliers on the product/process change evaluation and approval.
- Work with CCS and regional quality team on field complaints handling by driving systematic countermeasures and preventive actions with suppliers from manufacturing perspective of view.
- Conduct monthly quality review with ODM suppliers and key parts suppliers.
- Support Sourcing and Supply Chain team to drive supplier performance towards achievement of defined goals using the supplier scorecard process.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)