Senior Manager, GPLMShenzhen, Guangdong Additional Location: Shenzhen, China Job ID: R-15516-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The position is in the BU Portable Audio of Harman Lifestyle. The Senior Manager, GPLM takes the lead on the Product Management and Marketing for BU Portable Audio JBL and Harman Kardon Speakers. He/She creates with the involvement of Director, Product Strategy & Advance Product Planning, the product strategic and planning for new product introductions. He/She plans for and executes a wide range of Portable Audio product based on mid-long term business plans.
The Senior Manager, GPLM will report to Director Product Strategy and Advance Product Planning Manager.
What You Will Do
- Drive leadership in category by defining consumer experiences area and journeys and being wise to propose several concepts to explore meaningful solutions for consumer pain points. (Including new UI/UX, digital experiences with APPs, and remote services / offers)
- Presenting your advance product planning and consumer insights from in-depth consumer behavior observations and various forms of research and for cultivating Harman Value Proposition in a manner that is consumer friendly, market realistic, creative and ultimately compelling.
- Open minded to planning about ecosystem for Portable audio and Party Speakers with partnerships in consumer electronics for a holistic Audio consumer experience with market, competition and technology
- Being at the forefront of technological trends & new UI/UX trends and implications.
- Sense of consumer benefits and monetize experiences concepts for business planning. Good judgment skills in determining the balance of what we specify with what we get in financial return sustainably in mid-long term.
- Solid awareness of global retail markets and what it takes to get your product placed with key retail partners for verifying earlier product concepts.
- Have an international perspective that looks for creative ways to make meaningful innovation breakthroughs pipe-lines with our portfolio in key Harman international markets
- Connect well with regional commercial colleagues. Be responsive to their needs and provide information to them that is immediately useful. Earlier synchronization of certain local needs in global perspectives
- Connect well with Program management and engineering teams making sure that the required product concept gets turned into actual detailed product concepts with GPLM team members
- Closely work with Brand Management teams & Marketing Team for putting strategic hero innovations into brand activities & Go-to-market the Marketing Plan.
- Develop appropriate App strategy (Holistic User experiences Journey) and roadmap that will enhance the overall inspiring experiences for consumers
- Master the entire lifecycle process in mid-long term (3 years’ time-horizon) in project management skills to make sure initial product creation milestones happen on time to enable successful product launches in appropriate regional Introduction windows.
- Work as a team player in all Product Development activities outside your specific responsibility
What You Need
- Experiences in Global Company for serving global consumer journey
- At least 10+ years of innovation experiences
- Ability to work proactively cross departments, championing innovation drives.
- Experience in APP strategy and consumer research / Agile prototyping activities
- Strong Software and Mobile Phone system understandings (Android, IOS)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)