Senior Industrial DesignerShenzhen, Guangdong Additional Location: Shenzhen, China Job ID: R-14547-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
We are looking for an adventurous, passionate, and accomplished Industrial designer with world class design sensibility to join our new design team in Shenzhen, China
The right candidate loves music as we do, brings a fresh perspective on design & innovation and has the ability to understand and translate latest fashion, interior and cultural design trends into iconic product experiences for Harman’s iconic brands, including JBL, Harman Kardon and AKG.
You will take a lead role with hands-on responsibilities working in a very fast-paced, collaborative environment.
You understand that great design can amplify the lives of real people and how this builds a strong brand.
- Move fast, be the voice for design, make critical decisions, and take ownership. Continually push for change.
- Work in a team, but also have the ability to work through the design process from end to end independantly.
- Work on the design of products, accessories, and experiences.
- Ensure that the team is creating and delivering innovative and ground breaking designs across categories and future vision projects.
- Lead all phases of the design thinking process from concept, to strategic, to tactical, and implementation.
- Be part of the team working on the definition and evolution of our brand’s design languages.
- You will play an active role in our Design Team and be part of an eclectic group of great designers in an international environment.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of industrial design with an impressive portfolio to prove it.
- Experience in working with consumer lifestyle brands.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all phases of the design process from trend research and design strategy to concept development and manufacturing execution.
- The ability to work seamlessly with leaders across functions.
- Deep knowledge of relevant software, tools, materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills: fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite and 3D such as Rhinoceros, Alias, SolidWorks and KeyShot.
- Experience defining Materials, Colors and Finishes.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills.
- Highly driven and proactive self-starter - taking on a task without much context and driving it through to the end.
- Ability to multi-task many projects and products at once.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Design.
- Love for Design & Music, Passionate all things music related.
- An outgoing character with an excellent sense of humor.
- Willingness to travel at least 10% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)