Principal Industrial DesignerShenzhen, Guangdong Additional Location: Shenzhen, China Job ID: R-12705-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What You Will Do
• Apply advanced product knowledge and experienced skills to publication projects with complexity in
• Participate in the developing corporate style guidelines, publication templates and master files.
• Work with less supervisory support from Writer Lead and deliver projects with high volume and
• Provide clear, concise, comprehensive, accurate publication in forms of texts and graphics, and valid the
contents from user experience perspective.
• Drive internal review (peers and editors) and external review within project stakeholders from GPLM,
Engineering to Quality teams.
• Apply style guidelines (language), templates (structure), and master files (layout) to ensure that the
publication conforms to corporate image and style.
• Commit traffic schedule for each release with defined maturity level.
• Create translation requests and readme for assigned writing projects and incorporate translation to
secure multilingual publications.
• Peer review other writers’ documents to provide editorial feedback.
• Manage multiple writing projects delivery.
What You Need
• Experienced in designing consumer products and/or industrial goods.
• A skilled professional with 8+ years’ experience in product design and concept development.
• Professional in the use of 3D software, such as Rhino or Solidworks, as well as the Adobe Design
• Result-orientated and a motivated team player.
• Outgoing, passionate and with an excellent sense of humor.
• Advanced knowledge of English, other languages are a plus.
• Interested or experienced in User Interface Design is welcome.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)