Manager, GPLMShenzhen, Guangdong Additional Location: Shenzhen, China Job ID: R-13959-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What You Will Do
- Drive leadership in category by defining meaningful product DIFFERENTIATION and being very strict in what we choose to leave out of a product spec. (including compelling services and strategy).
- Presenting your product plan and Harman Value Proposition in a manner that is consumer friendly, market realistic, creative and ultimately compelling.
- In-depth knowledge in wireless audio product category - market trend, competition and technology
- Being at the forefront of technological trends and implications. This includes key platform architecture tradeoffs and maximizing the Harman advantage
- Strong P&L skills. Can develop an ROI business case with total confidence. Good judgment skills in determining the balance of what we specify with what we get in financial return.
- Solid awareness of global retail markets and what it takes to get your product placed with key retail partners
- Have an international perspective that looks for creative ways to make meaningful rapid growth breakthroughs with our portfolio in key Harman international markets
- Connect well with regional commercial colleagues. Be responsive to their needs and provide information to them that is immediately useful.
- Connect well with Program management and engineering teams making sure that the required product concept gets turned into actual detailed product requirement document.
- Develop together with Brand Management teams the Marketing Plan and go to market strategy for key “hero” launches from your category.
- Develop appropriate App strategy and roadmap that will enhance the overall Entertainment for consumers
- Define the experience for our target consumers.
- Master the entire lifecycle process in particular strong project management skills to make sure initial product creation milestones happen on time to enable successful product launches in appropriate regional Introduction windows.
- Work as a team player in all Product Development activities outside your specific responsibility.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or other Marketing-related disciplines,
- At least 6+ years of International marketing communications experience
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
- Experience in product management and marketing
- Strong Technical competence to influence and maximize product architecture decisions
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)