Design Quality EngineerShenzhen, Guangdong Additional Location: Shenzhen, China Job ID: R-13712-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
- Utilize VOC and CTQ flow down to ensure new program requirements are prioritized and effectively translated into product application features, functionality, technical and functional specifications, and end-user interface while ensuring that the final product design meets these requirements.
- Lead the deployment of Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis methodology to drive continuous improvement of product designs by incorporating past lessons learned, current issues and potential issues resolution.
- Develop test specifications/plans based on the product technical and functional specifications to cover all aspects of the design validation process to include mechanical, electrical, software, acoustics and environmental requirements. Coordinate test plan implementation and execution with engineering product verification and supplier team, and collect, analyze and generate test results reports.
- Deploy development quality metrics for mechanical, electrical, software, and acoustics disciplines
- Lead assessments and reviews of First Article Inspection (FAI), Fit-Form-Function, stack tolerance, cosmetic and surface finish, and Design for Assembly of tooled mechanical piece parts at DV stage with final confirmation during PV stage. Ensure engineering and SQM and supplier are involved.
- Identify product critical specification parameters and confirm compliance as outlined in the test plans with appropriate margins and capability during design and process validation.
- Foster teamwork and effective communication with product development, supplier quality management, and regional customer quality teams to ensure total alignment of quality requirements
- Minimum five years of experience in development quality engineering, audio products a must
- Certified Green Belt in Design for Six Sigma methodology with strong demonstrations on new product introduction
- Experience in developing test specifications/plans for blue tooth audio, WIFI 2.4/5G, HDMI.
- Lab equipment experience (Spectrum Analyzer, Scope, Network Analyzer, Audio Precision, Signal generator, etc.)
- Experience presenting & analyzing data, six sigma, & statistics
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)