Sr. SQEShanghai, China Additional Location: Shanghai, China Job ID: R-14246-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
This position works for the target that Harman has a base of capable suppliers and those purchased products meet internal and external customer expectation. This position will be responsible for driving supplier quality improvement initiatives throughout the corporation with major emphases in global.
This position will coordinate with Harman Procurement, Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing sites and Suppliers to develop effective working relationships resulting in mutual business success and act as liaison between Harman and Supplier for all quality related issues. Main duties are supplier quality, work in project and quality assurance during mass production.
What You Will Do
- The Sr. Supplier quality engineer position is responsible for managing mechanical and electric suppliers, ensuring product quality, testing and reliability throughout the product lifecycle. The position has the responsibility for developing the appropriate preventive quality processes in supplier and metrics to minimize return and maximize customer satisfaction.
- This position shall be able to perform team vision setting with SWOT analysis and responsible to tracking actions defined.
- Establish short term/Long term supplier quality business plan to fulfill company visions.
- Drive cost engineering mind with deep knowledge of commodity experience.
- Conflict management skill is required to deal with various circumstance within/outside of organization.
- Monitoring supplier quality performance and drive continuous improvement with assigned suppliers.
- Perform regular performance review with supplier to set up strategic targets for key suppliers
- Track and communicate with Program team, BUI team to follow up CPA/CPL status and take care of escalation
- Prioritize properly to deal with critical or urgent cases from internal/external customer
- Working closely with purchasing team for setting up commodity strategy and take ownership for supplier development
- Focus on conducting conformity review and audit as per AS9100 & AS9102, FAI- First Article Inspections forms
- Process audits of VDA6.3, IATF16949，ISO 9001/AS 9100D and customer
- Configuration management
What You Need
REQUIRED Specific Knowledge, Expertise, Coursework: REQUIRED Knowledge on display and electronic mechanical commodity – manufacturing process/ test and failure mechanism for the over molding, injection and assembly process. REQUIRED Degree and/or Training, including specifically defined educational equivalent
Bachelor’s degree required in electric, mechanical engineering or equivalent.
REQUIRED Certifications/Licenses: VDA 6.3 or equivalent preferred.
REQUIRED Specific Prior Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree required in electronic or engineering equivalent.
- + 7 years related experience in automotive environment, involve in electrical commodity manufacturing and supplier quality engineering.
- Deep understanding of AIAG 5 core tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA), problem solving methodology and automotive QMS (Quality Management Systems: VDA and IATF 16949). Direct experience with suppliers required.
- Deep Knowledge on electrical module SMT/Assembly manufacturing process display and components mechanical commodity, reliability failure mechanism and the relevant standards like IPC/Jedec /AECQ/ANSI-ESD and so on.
- Automotive Suppliers or customer audit experienced
- Manufacturing capacity analysis ex. Run at rate analysis
- Knowledge and experience in Aviation Quality Management Systems AS 9100D is plus
What is Nice to Have
- Self-starter with minimum supervision
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 40%, domestic only OR domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in Shanghai
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)