Sr AccountantSeoul, South Korea Job ID: 119541 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
The position will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to perform a variety of functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting, general ledger maintenance, audit, and/or tax related financial areas.
What You Will Do
- Ensure financial statements are presented accurately, timely and in line with corporate policies and IFRS & K-GAAP requirements.
- Complete for Corporate income tax, Deferred tax accounting, VAT return, Transfer pricing related work.
- Maintain the lease transactions in accordance with IFRS 16 and complete the lease data reporting.
- Work with finance manager in the internal/external audit process to minimize audit deficiencies and identify improvement opportunities.
- Perform control tests on internal control framework in accordance with corporate policies and process.
- Be responsible for fixed asset management including the physical counting and validation
- Review and audit T&E expense to ensure that internal controls are in place and in compliance with corporate policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Prepare and assist the disclosure process related to the Fair Trade Commission (FTC) requirements
- Complete monthly key account reconciliations and analysis to ensure accurate financial statements are being reported.
- Coordinate and follow-up the ad hoc global project tasks with the global project team.
- Interfaces with the business units and global/regional teams to understand underlying issues.
What You Need
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in financial, business finance, and accounting positions
- Tax relevant working experience; Corporate income tax, Deferred tax accounting, VAT return, Transfer pricing.
- Strong understanding and experience in multinational matrix operations with understanding of US GAAP or IFRS and local statutory requirements.
- Fluent SAP transactional experience
- Bilingual with strong English skills, as a secondary language
- Advanced PC skills / MS Office / Excel spreadsheet applications required
What is Nice to Have
- Proven audit experience is preferred related to external/internal audit, tax audit, customs audit.
- Proven experience in multinational companies and working experience in automotive industry are preferred.
- Team player with ability to manage cross group and cross country boundaries.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel.
- Be willing to work in an office.
What We Offer
- Competitive Benefits are provided – Group Insurance, Medical Subsidy, Child Tuition Subsidy, etc.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)