Financial AnalystSeoul, South Korea Job ID: 119561 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
The position will assist with many different areas of finance particularly with closing, analyzing data, identifying underlying issues and preparing reports for management.
What You Will Do
- Ensure financial statements are presented accurately, timely and in line with corporate policies and IFRS & K-GAAP requirements.
- Perform monthly/quarterly/yearly closing/reporting activities and intercompany billing transactions with foreign affiliates.
- Complete variance analysis reports to identify drivers of variances for management and prepare monthly spending reports for the functional departments after monthly closing.
- Utilizing BPC\OutlookSoft to retrieve financial information in support of ad hoc projects and tasks.
- Manage bank transaction details/balance, validate the payment information and check all treasury transactions to ensure compliance with all corporate polices and local procedures
- Assist finance manager with the annual budgeting and planning process by providing detail which supports the bottoms up analysis.
- Assist finance manager for both the internal and external audit to minimize audit deficiencies and no major finding items in the audit report.
- Complete monthly key account reconciliations and analysis to ensure accurate financial statements are being reported.
- Coordinate and follow-up the ad hoc global project tasks with the global project team.
- Interfaces with the business units and global/regional teams to understand underlying issues.
What You Need
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience in financial, business finance, and accounting positions
- Strong understanding and experience in multinational matrix operations with understanding of US GAAP or IFRS and local statutory requirements.
- Fluent SAP transactional experience
- Bilingual with strong English skills, as a secondary language
- Advanced PC skills / MS Office / Excel spreadsheet applications required
What is Nice to Have
- Proven experience in multinational companies and working experience in automotive industry are preferred.
- Tax relevant working experience is preferred; Corporate income tax, Deferred tax accounting, VAT return, Transfer pricing.
- Team player with ability to manage cross group and cross country boundaries.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel.
- Be willing to work in an office
What We Offer
- Competitive Benefits are provided – Group Insurance, Medical Subsidy, Child Tuition Subsidy, etc.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)