Cloud Platform Security EngineerSeoul, South Korea Job ID: R-4082-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
At HARMAN, you have more than a career. Our agile culture gives you the chance to rapidly develop your skills, learn quickly and find ways to create excellent results. We invite you to constantly challenge yourself, cultivate new ideas, work on something new and enhance your abilities. There are many great opportunities across all of our HARMAN divisions and locations. Like this one.
About the Role
• As a Cloud Platform Security Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring security measures for the protection of the cloud platform infrastructure. Develop and implement security plans and policies. Engineering, deployment, and monitoring security measures for the protection of the cloud platform infrastructure.
What You Will Do
• Develop and implement security plans and policies
• Engineering, deployment, and monitoring security measures for the protection of the cloud platform infrastructure
• Identify, evaluate, and define system security requirements
• Immediately respond and thoroughly document all security incidents
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
• Conduct periodic scans to proactively discover any vulnerabilities and recommend corrective actions
• Conduct penetration testing, simulating an attack on the system to find exploitable weaknesses
• Investigate security breaches
• Lead incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage
What You Need
• Outstanding communication skills that go beyond “tech talk” – the ability to translate complex IT / security concepts to the leadership teams
• Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
• Experience in building and maintaining security systems, like SIEM and vulnerability assessment software
• Experience working with network security systems, including firewalls, IDS/IPS, DDOS protection platforms, NAC, and VPN access systems
• Collaboration with Security Compliance team on planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
• Expertise across a variety of security products including firewalls, URL filtering, information security and virus protection
• The commercial acumen to provide cost-effective security solutions
• Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer for a large-scale data center environment
• Working knowledge of various vendor’s security products including: Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Secui FW, NetScout, Tenable Nessus, Tipping Point IDS, Barracuda WAFs
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
What is Nice to Have
• Maintain a high-level of customer service expected by our internal and external customers.
• Proactive goal-oriented approach to decision making
• Proven Team Player who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
• Ability to adapt to changing demands and conditions
What We Offer
• Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world.
• An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters career development opportunities.
• Excellent discounts on HARMAN and Samsung products.
• Competitive benefits.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.