Core Java DeveloperSan Jose, California, United States Job ID: 118326
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
We are looking for energetic, self-motivated and experienced Java professionals.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main objective is to design, develop, maintain and review software in a small R&D group with high ambitions for innovation, growth and new development. High focus on quality and on time delivery!
• Build our instrument software using Java and Unix shell scripts which facilitates the running of diagnostic tests and the transfer of results to the cloud.
• Build secure and compliant system that handle patient sensitive data.
• Exchange technical information with quality engineers and other members of your product group so as to review the design of the product features.
• Be a team player who collaborates with cross functional teams which consists of members from firmware, hardware, technical support and software quality teams.
• Conduct design reviews of software implementations and document the detailed designs.
• Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
• Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
• Build automated tests for all software changes made using Junit or TestNG framework.
Knowledge and skills:
Experience in building REST services in Java to integrate mobile applications to the instrument.
- Experience with development tools like Eclipse, IntelliJ and Continuous Integration systems like Jenkins.
- 6+ years of professional software development in Java.
- 3+ years of experience in developing persistence layers using ORM frameworks like ORMlite or hibernate.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL.
- Experience in SproingBOOT, Microservices, and OOPS.
- The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed.
- They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)