Automotive Services Sales DirectorSan Francisco, California, United States Job ID: 116235
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​
Position Summary:The Automotive Services Sales Director will identify, cultivate and generate new business opportunities by prospecting into Key accounts. The position will report into the VP, NA Sales and Solutions located in Michigan, however, will work very closely with the HARMAN NA Customer Business Unit sales teams.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position is an individual contributor.
This is a “hunter” position and has the following primary responsibilities:
* Positioned to grow the business and provide leadership in account planning and helping drive sales cases to closure.
* Drive to achieve quarterly and FY sales targets to support both TCV and ACV targets to drive growth into the business.
* Provide clear demand signals to both Delivery, Product planning and solutions to ensure the growth targets are met for sales and revenue.
* Close engineering service business within new Harman accounts.
* Communicate Harman’s value proposition to prospects, alliance partners and other relevant stake-holders.
* Identify new business solutions by researching profile accounts including mapping company’s organizational structure, identifying new contracts, understanding the key business drivers and competitive landscape.
* Deliver a steady stream of qualified leads to meet quarterly NA sales goals and generate growth pipeline.
* Prepare and present current, potential and proposed KPI metrics that includes new revenue and new business growth.
* Grow our existing OEM maintenance business (Customer Change Requests = CCR) in close cooperation with our Customer Business Units (CBU) and optimize to achieve higher profitability.
* Review, challenge and approve (technical & cost) estimations for customer change requests (CCR) to ensure profitability throughout the Customer Business Unit (CBU) quotation process.
* Prepare quotations and customer presentations with focus on profitability and commercial results against quote.
* Establish relationship with customer procurement and relevant engineering department leads.
* Develop a roadmap of additional engineering services together with customer and CBU/CPM
* Support budget and FY planning of the SBU Engineering Services.
* 10-12 years with progressively increasing sales responsibility.
* Bachelor / Master Degree
* Must have 5+ years of Automotive experience (sales, change management) and have deep network contacts.
* Must have experience selling Software and Services in the automotive industry
* Proven history of consistently over achieving sales goals and quotas.
* Successful experience in a lead generation/sales role.
* Strong technical capability.
* Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to closed deals
Preferred Qualifications:BA or BEng
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)