LEAP Electrical EngineerRichardson, Texas Job ID: 121674 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
What You Will Do
- Design and implement analog or digital electronics as part of a Product Development or CoC team.
- Understand products at a system level and be able to contribute to product architecture
- Participate in design reviews with other team members and contribute to the improvement of designs.
- Guidance and assistance from more senior engineers is provided, but must also be able to work independently
- Review and guide the development of design and product validation plans
- Review and assist on product cost (BOM) and project schedule
- Seek improvement opportunities, ask questions, and use curiosity to encourage new ways of thinking
There are 3 rotations over the 2-year life of an R&D LEAP program member. Below are a few examples of the rotations:
- PD Team Rotation: works as a key member of a Product Development team to successfully deliver a new product within the constraints of time, quality, and cost. Assists other team members to develop their skills and
- Center of Competence Rotation: Works with the Center of Competence teams to deliver impactful platforms and technologies which are used by PD teams to speed new product introductions to the market.
- Test Engineering Rotation: Works with the test and Advanced Manufacturing teams to impact the process and execution of design validation, process validation, and production test.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Audio Engineering with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Minimum of 2 years of Electrical or Audio Engineering experience.
- Experience with electronic product design and development.
- Experience with design for EMC compliance.
- Self-confidence and ability to work on a fast-paced, dynamic project team.
- Strong work ethics and principles. Team player with a positive attitude to succeed.
- Strong aptitude for technology.
What is Nice to Have
- Analog or Digital electronics background is preferred.
- Past Audio or DSP experience is very helpful.
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%) and commitment to the rotations over the length of the program.
- Ability to relocate outside of the home country for one rotation (typically no longer than 6-8 months).
- Willingness to work in an office initially in Richardson, TX or Northridge, CA or Shenzhen, China.
- Willingness to relocate to any HARMAN office in the future.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Commitment to the program and assignments over the two years.
- culture encouraging work-life integration.
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.) and Samsung products.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.