Technician I 1 1Querétaro City, Mexico Job ID: 117129 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
- Conducts physical testing of components following established procedures as required by in-house specifications or customer’s requests.
- Operates electronic and electro-acoustical test and measurement systems.
- Maintains all testing equipment including cleaning.
- Maintains and updates files and test data as required.
- Assists in the performance of lab testing and documenting of initial samples of new products for customers.
- Assists in the preparation of statistical studies as required to establish reliability of electronic components.
- Assists engineers by performing a wide variety and more complex range of duties such as testing, calibrating, adjusting and troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment.
- Operates equipment, conducts tests, diagnoses problems, and assists in analyzing findings.
- Works from detailed drawings, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, as well as verbal and written instructions.
- Uses generally accepted methods to inspect, test, adjust and modify equipment. Also performs work under limited or no supervision using accepted and basic principles, theories, practices and procedures.
- Use machine tools, soldering equipment and computers to fabricate and document test setups.
- Performs all types of mechanical and electrical testing including (but not limited to) the use of the following measurement tools: multi-meter, o-scope, and analyzers.
- Performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations.
- Assist engineers by investigating and researching textbooks, handbooks, records or other established and recognized resources to support technical data.
- May check and review engineering drawing and calculations for accuracy.
- Performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Develops or prepares schematics, designs, specifications, parts lists, or makes recommendations regarding these items.
- May conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modifications of material, equipment or procedures.
- May direct the work of lower level technicians, or be responsible for training as required.
- May monitor or assist in scheduling of testing activities for an assigned project, e.g. estimate required hours and record actual vs. estimated, assist with and resolve scheduling problems for assigned project/job.
- Responsible to perform other tasks as business needs require or as assigned by management
- Education: 2 year Associates Degree or certification program, preferred in electronics. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
- 3+ years related electrical and/or mechanical experience. Additional education can be substituted for experience.
- Competent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, supervise, train and direct small groups.
- Work requires a considerable variety of fairly steady active physical exertion with some lifting and/or continuous standing or walking. Work requires regular speed, and high accuracy and adeptness to operate a limited range of equipment. The employee must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.