Sr.Mechanical EngineerQuerétaro City, Mexico Job ID: 121737 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
- Develops mechanical packaging for automotive infotainment head units and silver boxes. Analyzes packaging feasibility and performs thermal simulation, vibration, and shock analysis as required to ensure design meets product specification..
- Release and maintain controlled documents as required.
- Ensure product meets customer and internal requirements, specifications and cost targets.
- Provide preprogram support with quick turn designs/samples and technical documentation as required.
- Prepare documents and reports with cross-functional teams for engineering and program management along with participating in design reviews with customers and engineering peers.
- Manage product timelines to meet overall project goals.
- Manages the production BOM's. Updates & Releases BOM's using Harman's configuration management & PLM systems.
- Supports the development program documentation, PPAP’s, and FMEA's.
- Assisting in the realization of customer requirements and specifications (RFC, RFI, and RFQ), product test plans, and production QA processes as needed to ensure the development and manufacture of quality products.
- Technical support for the industrialization of functional items in an international environment.
- Assist in the product conformance testing for environmental performance to automotive and customer requirements.
- Leadership. -Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
- Change Orientation. - Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
- Collaboration. - Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
- Judgment. - Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
- Result Driven. - Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar. MSME preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a mechanical engineer packaging electronic components and assemblies into automotive products or related product
- ProE/ Creo 4.0 is preferred CAD.
- NX 7.5 experience is desirable.
- ANSYS, Flowtherm or Icepack FEA software preferred.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.