Sr. Category Manager, EMS 1Querétaro, Mexico Job ID: 120248
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
The Senior Category Manager, EMS, will lead the day to day procurement and supply chain activities with Harman’s Automotive Outsourcing partners in the Americas. This is an exciting opportunity to interface between Harman’s procurement, manufacturing & quality groups to help drive day to day execution at these suppliers.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
- Oversee, conduct, and actively manage the end-to-end strategic sourcing and procurement process.
- Coordinate quarterly and annual pricing roll activities at EMS providers
- Facilitate site-to-site business reviews and help to drive accountability on both sides to focus on timely and fact-based conclusions
- Provide thought leadership and innovative strategies for optimizing sourcing effectiveness.
- Coordinate and work with both corporate and regional stakeholders to standardize corporate-wide product specifications and establish and implement long-term strategic goals to continually enhance HARMAN’s market position.
- Lead corporate-wide teams to establish specifications, processes, policies, and procedures to manage demand for assigned categories.
- Establish strong vendor relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations, and fulfill necessary actions in support of the Source Board vendor selection process for each program
- Ensure expedient and compliant implementation of new contracts throughout organization.
- Actively monitor vendor and internal performance against contracts, industry benchmarks, and previous baselines on a quarterly basis. Develop and submit reports for senior management.
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies -- make appropriate fact-based recommendations for adoption by HARMAN stakeholders.
- Manage and/or lead preparation and evaluation of RFIs and RFPs.
- Track and report on performance metrics and related KPI’s
- Facilitate VA/VE, savings ideas, or other cost improvement workshops in support of fulfilling personal, category, and division related savings objectives
- Request / update contractually required documentation from suppliers (forecast, Excess & Obsolete (E&O) reports, etc)
- Manage communications and ongoing negotiations related to engineering change notifications, significant fluctuations in demand, E&O material, and inventory revaluations
- Bachelors Degree, (Masters Degree in Business Administration preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years of procurement experience
- Experience managing electrical assembly commodities from new Product Development through End of Life
- 5+ years managing Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) activities in an outsourced environment
- 5+ years automotive electronics manufacturing experience
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Willingness to work in an office in Queretaro Mexico
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Has a clear focus on accomplishing goals and is a fast learner.
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)