SR. SQEQuerétaro, Mexico Job ID: 118922 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
Coordinate and manage EMS Supplier Quality on a global basis. Drive or assist in supplier selection, approval, and development processes. Support component selection, supplier changes (PCNs), risk analysis and mitigation, supplier audits, problem solving and corrective actions processes.
This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Drive supplier improvements in quality systems and performance through the utilization of clear and effective data-driven measurements and statistical methods.
- Perform supplier site visits to assess supplier’s quality management systems, processes, and technical abilities.
- Work with Harman manufacturing plants, engineering, and sourcing to resolve supplier problems.
- Provide support in the analysis of supplied part warranty and 0KM returns.
- Review supplier problem solving activities and failure analysis reports, drive improvements in responsiveness and effectiveness.
- Work within Harman cross functional project teams to ensure that purchased parts comply with specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Administer quality improvement activities, controlled shipping, and complaint handling
- Lead and complete audits at assigned suppliers according to internal procedure of Harman
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Electrical, Industrial or Equivalent)
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures related to Supplier Quality Engineering, electronic manufacturing, statistical process control (SPC), problem solving, automotive production part approval process (PPAP), auditing to IATF16949 and VDA6.3 requirements, and quality management systems.
- At least 5 years of previous experience in manufacturing or supplier quality
- 5-7 years experience in manufacturing or quality control of mechanical (plastics, metals) and/or electromechanical components.
- Experience with statistical methods, problem solving methodologies, PPAP, FMEA, measurement system assessment (MSA), APQP and automotive Quality Management Systems.
- Tracking of data and information in computer databases or spreadsheets. Communicating and presenting data to stakeholders to drive for resolution of issue.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team oriented and self-driven
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)