Sr Solution Architect, SAP BasisPune, India Job ID: 118250
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
This role will deliver best-in-class services for a complex SAP system landscapes. He/she should provide expert level SAP Basis support and will be responsible for Implementing,troubleshooting and maintenance of existing and new SAP products. He/she will implement and coordinate new SAP installations and upgrades. He/she will assure a stable system performance and a continuous improvement of our customer satisfaction.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None. May have to manage some vendor team members.
- Works as an SAP Basis team member on SAP implementations, upgrades, and rollouts – ECC, BW,BOBJ Data services,BW 4/HANA, HANA DB , Cloud solutions like SAP IBP & Ariba, SRM,GRC,BPC, PI, Solution Manager,MES/MII,Enterprise portals and Single Sign On.
- Designs, configures, monitors, maintains and supports SAP environments - ECC, BW,BOBJ Data services, BW 4/HANA, Cloud solutions like SAP IBP & Ariba, SRM,GRC,BPC, PI, Solution Manager,MES and Single Sign On.
- Experineced on both On-premise and Cloud environments ( Preferably AWS & SAP Cloud solutions)
- Experinceed in SAP High availability environments
- Experience in HANA DB administration
- Nice to have experience with Archiving ( SAP Data and Content Archiving tools – both standard SAP and tools like PBS)
- Proactively monitors supported systems to predict, prevent, and respond to systems issues to improve availability and resilience of supported critical systems.
- Provides root cause analysis of issues encountered on supported systems, working with other teams as necessary to make holistic recommendations to avoid recurrent outages.
- Performs systems monitoring, systems configuration and performance tuning for all SAP components.
- Analyzes complex issues and provide root cause analysis on all SAP component failures and outages.
- Participates as a team member and provides input and expertise to discussions about system and solution design.
- Participate in projects to determine project scope and limitations, architect solution landscapes, estimate time and cost requirements, and create/configure/maintain systems according to the project plans.
- Uses ABAP/4, Java, and other SAP relevant technologies to create, customize, and maintain applications in the environment to meet business and technical requirements.
- Keeps abreast of SAP releases, enhancements, new functionality and application research. Makes recommendations to senior management with recommendations of ways to decrease costs, improve performance, improve reliability, or improve availability.
- Analysis, design and transfer of business requirements into functional and technical requirements and specifications suitable for an SAP landscape.
- Develops, maintains, and presents systems documentation, training materials, configuration and process documentations and training courses
- Performs peer review of changes for team members to identify potential issues before they become problems within the production environment.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Collaborates with Global Centers of Excellence within the IT organization.
- Work with vendor project teams on implementation projects.
- Provide Level 3 support for SAP applications.
- 7+ years of prior SAP Basis experience with large organizations and having advanced level of skill set on ECC, BW,BOBJ Data services. BW 4/HANA, HANA DB, SAP Cloud solutions like IBP/Ariba,SRM,GRC,BPC, PI, Solution Manager and MES. Should be strong in both ABAP and Java SAP stacks. Experienced with onpremise and cloud based solutions.
- Should have strong exposure of SAP Architecture and Landscape design
- Strong experience on SAP Basis implementations and upgrades
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of SAP performance tuning for both the ABAP and Java stacks.
- Experience supporting SAP systems running on Unix, Linux, and Windows using Oracle DB.
- Experience with and knowledge of Enterprise Portals within a federated landscape
- SAP NetWeaver infrastructure and landscape optimization.
- SAP Web Application Server architecture
- Portal System performance improvements
- Peer review of changes going into production.
- Bachelor’s/Masters Degree in Engineering (preferred) or equivalent in Computers, Information Technology, or related field
- Demonstrated 7+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities within a large global, multicultural, multi-location organization.
- Good understanding of ASAP methodology.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects.
- A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
- Proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests, simultaneously managing conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing customer-facing, strategic projects as well as Application Development projects.
- Experience with outsourcing, contracts, governance, and coordination/management of global, virtual, vendor teams.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion in a timely manner
- Ability to influence and drive change.
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with fellow workers all levels of a global matrixed organization
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Ability to work closely with team members inside and outside engineering group including marketing and sales personnel.
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for work, personal career and skill development