Solution Architect – SAP Basis & SecurityPune, Maharashtra Additional Location: Pune, India Job ID: R-11541-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
This role will deliver best-in-class services for a complex SAP system landscapes. He/she should provide expert level SAP Basis and security support and will be responsible for Implementing,troubleshooting and maintenance of existing and new SAP products. He/she will implement and coordinate new SAP installations and upgrades. He/she will assure a stable system performance and a continuous improvement of our customer satisfaction.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Works as a member of SAP Foundation team to help on SAP implementations, upgrades, and rollouts – ECC, BW,BOBJ Data services,BW 4/HANA, HANA DB , Cloud solutions like SAP IBP & Ariba, SRM,GRC,BPC, PI, Solution Manager,MES/MII,Enterprise portals and Single Sign On.
- Designs, configures, monitors, maintains and supports SAP environments - ECC, BW,BOBJ Data services, BW 4/HANA, Cloud solutions like SAP IBP & Ariba, SRM,GRC,BPC, PI, Solution Manager,MES and Single Sign On.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting SAP Authorizations for our current SAP system landscape (GRC, ERP, IBP, ARIBA, SCM, XI/PI/PO, Solution Manager, SAP Portal, MII, ME, BI, MDM, Business Objects, EP).
- Analysis, design and transfer of business requirements into a SAP Security landscape.
- Build Roles/ Authorizations/ User Creations for existing operations and New Implementations/ Rollouts.
- Complete periodic audit activities on time and SOX controls.
- Coordinate with Internal and External Audits.
- Experineced on both On-premise and Cloud environments ( Preferably AWS & SAP Cloud solutions)
- Experinceed in SAP High availability environments
- Experience in HANA DB administration
- Nice to have experience with Archiving ( SAP Data and Content Archiving tools – both standard SAP and tools like PBS)
- Proactively monitors supported systems to predict, prevent, and respond to systems issues to improve availability and resilience of supported critical systems.
- Provides root cause analysis of issues encountered on supported systems, working with other teams as necessary to make holistic recommendations to avoid recurrent outages.
- Performs systems monitoring, systems configuration and performance tuning for all SAP components.
- Analyzes complex issues and provide root cause analysis on all SAP component failures and outages.
- Participates as a team member and provides input and expertise to discussions about system and solution design.
- Participate in projects to determine project scope and limitations, architect solution landscapes, estimate time and cost requirements, and create/configure/maintain systems according to the project plans.
- Uses ABAP/4, Java, and other SAP relevant technologies to create, customize, and maintain applications in the environment to meet business and technical requirements.
- Keeps abreast of SAP releases, enhancements, new functionality and application research. Makes recommendations to senior management with recommendations of ways to decrease costs, improve performance, improve reliability, or improve availability.
- Analysis, design and transfer of business requirements into functional and technical requirements and specifications suitable for an SAP landscape.
- Develops, maintains, and presents systems documentation, training materials, configuration and process documentations and training courses
- Performs peer review of changes for team members to identify potential issues before they become problems within the production environment.
- Collaborates with Global Centers of Excellence within the IT organization.
- Work with vendor project teams on implementation projects.
- 6+ years of prior SAP Basis and security experience with large organizations and having advanced level of skill set on ECC, BW,BOBJ Data services. BW 4/HANA, HANA DB, SAP Cloud solutions like IBP/Ariba,SRM,GRC,BPC, PI, Solution Manager and MES. Should be strong in both ABAP and Java SAP stacks. Experienced with onpremise and cloud based solutions.
- Strong experience on SAP Basis implementations and upgrades
- SAP Security knowledge and experience in GRC, ECC, Solution Manager, EP, IBP, ARIBA, Fiori, MDM, BI, BPC and Audit & Compliance.
- Working Knowledge of:
- SAP GRC 10/10.1/12 (ARA, EAM, UAM, ARM, BRM)
- Identity / Security management in an SAP environment
- SAP Security Concepts
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of SAP performance tuning for both the ABAP and Java stacks.
- Experience supporting SAP systems running on Unix, Linux, and Windows using Oracle DB.
- Experience with and knowledge of Enterprise Portals within a federated landscape
- SAP NetWeaver infrastructure and landscape optimization.
- SAP Web Application Server architecture
- Portal System performance improvements
- Peer review of changes going into production.
- Bachelor’s/Masters Degree in Engineering (preferred) or equivalent in Computers, Information Technology, or related field
- Demonstrated 5+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities within a large global, multicultural, multi-location organization.
- Good understanding of ASAP methodology.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects.
- A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
- Proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests, simultaneously managing conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing customer-facing, strategic projects as well as Application Development projects.
- Experience with outsourcing, contracts, governance, and coordination/management of global, virtual, vendor teams.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion in a timely manner
- Ability to influence and drive change.
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with fellow workers all levels of a global matrixed organization
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Ability to work closely with team members inside and outside engineering group including marketing and sales personnel.
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for work, personal career and skill development
About HARMAN International
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)