Program Manager- OEM ManagementPune, India Job ID: 120300 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
Co-Program Manager to support in managing cross-functional teams to introduce new infotainment systems for OEM automotive customers.
- Understand global program organization structure.
- Manage multiple aspects of infotainment system programs, requiring both applications and development engineering. An infotainment system contains, at a minimum, an integrated piece of complex electronics such as an audio gateway, a hands-free module with voice recognition, or a navigation radio. An infotainment system may also contain standard amplifiers and speakers.
- Foster positive environment to create high-achieving team: treat all members with respect, encourage constructive dissent, re-focus team members when they get off-track, give positive feedback whenever it is appropriate, maintain a positive attitude, and reallocate resources in order to meet team commitments.
- Follow up on tasks to be performed by cross-functional team in developing systems. Use task list to create a work breakdown structure. Use work breakdown structure to establish program schedule.
- Follow corporate product development (or applications) process. Insure the compliance of team members.
- Insure prompt decision-making is executed by promoting consensus decisions, intervening when consensus decision-making fails, and making unilateral decisions in the case of a deadlock.
- Understand and co-ordinate with all Functional owners the technical detail of the products used the systems,
- Support or Lead team meetings (as directed ) by establishing an agenda, monitoring discussion to insure adherence to agenda, promoting a free exchange of ideas, challenging the pre-conceptions of team-members, finishing the meeting in a timely fashion, and publishing meeting minutes.
- Highlight areas of budgetary uncertainty due to the speculative nature of infotainment product. Help Develop contingency plans for mitigating cost overruns in worst case scenarios.
- Work with design engineering to develop development timeline and support the program manager with tracking. Highlight areas of scheduling uncertainty due to the speculative nature of infotainment products. Communicate these concerns to the appropriate internal departments, as well as the customer. Develop and maintain a contingency plan to provide the customer with product for launch.
- Interact with all internal functions: design engineering, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, marketing, and sales.
- When a resource conflict occurs, support to negotiate a solution with functional managers and other program managers.
- Serve as program interface with customer along with the program manager.
- Identify program issues as early as possible and drive resolution at the team level. If resolution requires management intervention, escalate to appropriate management personnel with proposed alternatives.
- Audit task completion. Report major deviations from plan to appropriate management.
- Provide monthly reports in requested format.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or hard science. Advanced degree preferred.
- Six + combined experience in program management, design engineering, process engineering. At least 3years in a Program Management support role.).
- Working knowledge desired in the following areas: 1) Electronics Hardware, 2) Software Development, 4) General automotive program timing, 5) Automotive industry,
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)