Quality leader proPecs, Baranya Additional Location: Pécs, Hungary Job ID: R-13465-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
- Responsible for meeting the requirements of all quality systems and certificates.
- Collaborates with external and internal customers to develop the necessary quality plans to ensure the expected quality development in line with different customer expectations.
- Ensures that appropriate inbound quality control is available, introduces statistically recognized sampling plans to ensure that all materials in stock are fit for use and meet specifications.
- It is the responsibility to implement the measurements used in the manufacturing processes in such a way that they act as an indicator of the quality of the product and the process.
- Implements the final product audit process based on accepted statistical methods or special requirements specified by the customer to check the quality of the product before delivery to the customer.
- Participates in customer visits to the Pro area and directs customer audits.
- Responsible for the effective development of quality management system requirements, including the internal audit process (system, product, process).
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with all members of its quality department to ensure that employees are aware of all matters affecting the factory.
- Responsible for developing a pro MFG quality culture that ensures that the company's quality policy is met during day-to-day factory operations
- Defines, monitors, measures, tracks, and develops quality KPIs.
- Quality representative of the Pro factory.
- Comprehensive development of customer satisfaction.
- Handling customer complaints.
- Establishes, implements, maintains and continuously improves the quality processes of the service organization.
- Evaluates and manages RMAs and returns from the field.
- Supports production with spare parts and RMA handling quality processes.
- Provides daily quality support for production-related issues.
- Deals with non-conformities in the product and service processes and provides feedback to Pro production.
- Advertises and tracks defective materials and products sent by suppliers or contractors.
- Defines and develops a quality control plan for each product.
- Applies and optimizes Pro factory-level quality management processes in a meaningful area of service operation
- Relevant academic qualification - in the field of quality
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality and management
- Many years of experience in the areas of electronic manufacturing and service, quality assurance related to component supply
- Lean and / or SIX Sigma, any automotive experience
- Negotiation level English language skills
- User level computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, SAP ERP system)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, TS 16949 standards
- Confident knowledge of quality tools: APQP, CP, FMEA, 8D
- Ability to work individually and as a team and take responsibility for the work of others and to collaborate effectively with all levels of the matrix organization
- Goal-oriented and able to learn quickly
- Ability to manage and implement multiple projects, initiatives at the same time
- Be a part of an international team
- Attractive salary package
- Relocation allowance and benefit
- Extensive professional and technical trainings
- Career development opportunities
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN (JBL®, AKG®, HARMAN Kardon®) products
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)