Key Account Manager Nordics, Power InternationalOslo, Norway Additional Location: Oslo, Norway Job ID: R-15303-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Have you heard of JBL or Harman/Kardon, some of the world’s leading audio brands? The market we are leading in, is fast paced, fun and dynamic. Our headphones, portable speakers and home entertainment systems will become your area of expertise.
At HARMAN, you have more than a career. Our agile culture gives you the chance to rapidly develop your skills, learn quickly and find ways to create excellent results. We invite you to constantly challenge yourself, cultivate new ideas, work on something new and enhance your abilities. There are many great opportunities across all of our HARMAN divisions and locations. Like this one.
Key Account Manager Nordics, Power International
About the Role:
The Key Account Manager is responsible to drive sales (both sell-in and sell-out) at outlet level in the Nordic market for major and large Nordic accounts. He/she is responsible for building strong customer relationship with POWER International headquarters and local sales offices throughout the Nordics, as well as for optional major business development of other Nordic accounts, distribution, and prospecting in the area.
His/her main focus is driving excellence at the point of sale and to execute the objectives coming from the Nordic Sales Director at store level for all segments in the region.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
What You Will Do:
- Key Account Management
- Works the Nordic distribution strategy
- Optimizes the relationship and business with existing account
- Identifies and develops new opportunities
- Understands and convinces customers of the benefits of HARMAN
- Enters negotiations with the accounts
- Personal Account Plan Management
- Aligns strategy with Nordic Head of Sales
- Builds, redesigns and implements the account plan according to ranging and marketing calendar
- Prepares negotiations for the account(s) and supporting businesses
- Monitors and reports competitive threats and proposes responses as appropriate
- Uses account plan as communication tool and endorses individual account plan
- Translates regional trends into a sales business plan
- Manages the promotional support for the relevant outlets
- Sales Development
- Responsible for business development to key account with special focus on Power International and optional business development.
- Development of sell-out-oriented marketing activities for the accounts(s)
- Analyzes sales results and acts accordingly
- Identifies trends
- Optimizes Sales value, mix, volume while coping with changing environments
- Focuses on optimized product mix (push sales/volume/brand)
- Customer Service
- Ensures queries are solved effectively balancing service and cost
- Commercially co-responsible for developing business partnership with account
- Monitors customer stock and sell-through situation
- Executes all activities in delivering customer satisfaction
- Ensure orders are collected
- Manages the defective returns of the accounts
- Plans and manages all needed documents and images for product ranging is in place in time
- Manages HARMAN forecast in accordance with customer plans
- Other Responsibilities
- Maximizes, monitors and manages promotion execution
- Evaluates market developments
- Monitors and executes assigned projects
- Reduces sales cost for cost optimization
- Keeps records of all customer contacts, sales proposals and conversation reports up to date
What You Need:
- 5 years of sales or business development experience within the Nordic industry or high tech industry and/or at a relevant customer
- In depth knowledge of the customers in the region
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- Understanding of modern replenishment tools and proven proficiency in MS Office
What Makes You Eligible:
- Willingness to travel >10-15% of the time
- Willingness to work in a home office and travel to client sites
- Experience with Qlik Sense monitoring tool as well as basic SAP experience
What Is nice to have:
- You ensure quality in all aspects of your work
- You can be counted on to execute and get things done
- You are disciplined – you hold yourself and others accountable for achieving results
- You take calculated risks with incomplete data and uncertain conditions
- You consider the short and long-term impact of your actions
- You consider cost, efficiency and multiple scenarios as needed when making decisions, establishing, or changing procedures
- You understand how to work in a highly developed international Matrix organisation
- You listen well to understand instead of reacting fast
- You communicate clearly, respectfully and with conviction
- You build strong relationships at all levels
- You seek ways to improve, streamline and/or reinvent processes within your area of control
- You relentlessly pursue leading-edge information and technologies
- You reframe issues to find new and pragmatic solutions to solve problems or meet customer needs
- You have the courage to say what you think, even if controversial
- You are professional and aware of personal style and impact on others
- You act in HARMAN’s best interest, rather than solely for yourself or your team
What We Offer:
HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. If you are looking for a challenge where your experience is valued, we offer:
- A unique opportunity to contribute to drive revenue growth and nurture strategic trust-based relationships.
- A friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance with a fine salary and secondary employment conditions.
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN products (JBL, Harman/Kardon, etc.).
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies and extensive course catalog.
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities.
- The ability to work as a Key Account Manager in a company that is driven by technology.
- An informal, enterprising and results-orientated culture.
And a few reasons you might love it:
At HARMAN we create useful, playful, beautiful things. Our many iconic brands including; JBL, Harman/Kardon and AKG are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard, look for brilliance from all our 30,000 employees and in return you can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities. If you want to be part of a business offering industry-first features, innovation, superior sound technology and the guarantee that you'll never have a dull day - HARMAN could be the place for you! (www.harman.com)
Is this the challenge you’ve been looking for? Click to apply now! Don’t forget to add your resume.
We look forward to receiving your application! Send your application with your resume and letter of motivation. We will process the applications as we receive them. For more information about the position, you can contact the Recruitment department.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)