Software Engineer Digital DevOps MiddlewareŁódź, Łódź Voivodeship, Poland Job ID: RR-29816
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
The ideal candidate will possess a skill set of developing in a .NET C# environment as well as experience with Microsoft CRM system configuration & development. This candidate must also be familiar conceptually with a middleware architecture, web services, and best practices. This position will engage in high profile development initiatives of both homegrown and out of the box applications in addition to a homegrown middleware layer to facilitates systems integrations.
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot both in house developed and off the shelf enterprise web based applications and web services under the direction of development managers
- Assist in all duties required within the software development lifecycle including system analysis, technical design, development, testing and deployment
- Help senior staff to develop project estimates and timelines
- Communicate project and task statuses to senior staff
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Troubleshoot functional issues.
- Maintain a flexible schedule so there are no disruptions to business operations during application deployment, testing, or development
- Recommend process improvement opportunities on the current environment to leadership
- Collaborate closely with internal business leaders and engineering teams to design and deliver new applications, new features, and system enhancements as requested by the application owners
- Participate in change management process and present changes to the change advisory board
- Participate in peer and senior staff code reviews for change management and throughout development
- Follow software development best practices as well as internal development guidelines provided by senior staff
- Provide necessary support during compliance and change audits
- Remain flexible in day to day routine to support both project work and immediate business requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently or as a part of team
- Display a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Create, update, and maintain flowcharts, workflow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, and application documentation
- Create test plans and and provide related support during development testing, integration testing, user testing, and production testing
- Create desktop level training videos for the enterprise application video library as required
- Provide training and support to end users on new development and/or enhancements
- Provide support to business staff for production applications supported by the team
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computers, Information Technology, or related field
- Basic Proficiency on Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience with Dynamics CRM entities, workflows, configurations, customization development, integrations development
- Experience working with and integrating SDKs and APIs
- Demonstrated experience working with C# and Visual Basic programming languages
- Experience with XML and JSON formatted data
- Experience with client-side web scripting and working with web services
- Ability to create basic SQL scripts: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE
- Ability to create and debug basic SQL stored procedures and functions
- Ability to manage themselves and prioritize deliverables
- Excellent communication skills to interact with Business Units and IT Teams
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Experience with SSRS, EDI, ASP.NET, ReST, SOAP
- Advanced Proficiency in SQL STORED PROCEDURES, FUNCTIONS, TRIGGERS, INDEXES, and SQL OPTIMIZATION
- Extremely sound in Dynamics CRM entities, workflows, configurations, customization development, integrations development
- Familiarity with middleware architecture to provide enterprise-wide services between integrated applications
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services, AWS, and serverless applications
- Experience with Microsoft BizTalk Server
- This candidate must demonstrate strong character and must be committed to high-performance and high-quality deliverables that meet project timelines.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to address issues in a creative manner and continually look to apply the latest technologies and techniques.
- Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
- Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
- Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
- Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
- Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Position will be located in Richardson, TX, US.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Wllingness for overtime and weekend work, as needed.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must demonstrate effective listening skills
- Verifiable history successful client commitments
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)