Senior Technical Project ManagerŁódź, Łódź Voivodeship, Poland Job ID: RR-29437
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Position Summary: Briefly describe the primary purpose and function of this position.
Responsible for coordinating and managing the delivery of customer service and e-commerce initiatives from proposal and requirement gathering to project planning and implementation while utilizing agile methodologies. The candidate will have strong project management, business analysis, and application design skills. A successful candidate must have experience defining business processes in customer service and e-commerce, marketing, or sales applications. S/he will work with and across various teams, communicating business requirements and coordinating priorities across global and regional business teams. The candidate will participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle – strategy, requirement definition, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing support.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Please indicate the number of direct reports and/or number of indirect reports.
Job Responsibilities: List the professional and/or technical competencies needed when performing the key responsibilities of the position. Explain the degree to which this position affects the business (i.e. making decisions, defining or setting strategy, etc.). Please further explain the breadth of the impact this position has (i.e. affects own team, department, function, division, geography, etc.).
- Partner with global and regional customer service and e-commerce teams to translate business strategies into technology solutions
- Participate in the prioritization of the global customer service and e-commerce priorities, taking into account regional and global priorities
- Write, elaborate, and define agile Stories
- Govern the Sprint cadence and process, and work with the team to ensure on-time and high quality Sprint and project releases
- Hands-on delivery management of large and technically complex initiatives (website expansions, integrations, new features) that will grow HARMAN’s e-commerce and customer service reach
- Coordinate and run typical Scrum/Agile ceremonies with the development team
- Solid analytical, problem resolution, and client relationship skills
- Manage the agile Jira workflow, keeping tickets up to date and broadcasting status to all parties
- Manage documentation in Confluence to educate business users on the use of new functionality
- Ability to compare technologies and make recommendations to the senior members of the team
- Manage multiple, parallel projects using formal project planning methodologies
- Work with QA engineers to create and ensure the execution of test plans during QA and UAT phases
- Create and review documentation including checklists and test cases, prioritize and estimate them
- Create Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), and work with external vendors to ensure scope is correct in their SOWs
- Triage and perform initial troubleshooting of issues that are raised by e-commerce and customer service teams
Basic Qualifications: List the minimum and desired education (including degrees, licenses, certification or registrations) and experience needed to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of project management or business analysis experience in a complex IT systems environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in utilizing an Agile/Scrum methodologies to iteratively improve online software
- Minimum 3 years of experience administrating e-commerce platforms at scale such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento, or Hybris
- Strong experience with Salesforce Service Cloud or other Salesforce applications
- Agile or Scrum methodology training preferred
- Experience working with OMS, ERP, and related systems
- Experience working with SAP ERP preferred
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Ability to troubleshoot within various applications
- Strong ability to plan for data integrations between various IT systems
- Understanding of various software team management techniques
- Experience in working closely with an agile development team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management & organizational skills with keen attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies: Please list the preferred qualifications and ideal behaviors needed for this position based on the following:
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Support the team’s environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
- Confidence to listen and appreciate the opinions of team members
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships.
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions.
- Able to display judgement in prioritizing issues and tasks alongside shifting business priorities.
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence.
Eligibility Requirements: List specific location of position and % of willingness to travel.
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time.
- Willingness to work overtime to meet project deadlines.
- Willingness to be flexible in work hours to accommodate communication with team members in other time zones.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)