Vice President, Controlling Global Supply Chain & OperationsNovi, Michigan Job ID: 126083 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
The Vice President of Controlling reports to the CFO and is responsible for all financial management activities for the Global Supply Chain & Operations function. Major responsibilities include developing the strategic financial planning and analytical forecasting for both the domestic and global markets.
The VP Controlling, Global Supply Chain & Operations primary responsibilities includes leading all financial planning, reporting and analysis tasks (budgets, forecasts, internal management reporting, external financial reporting, variance analysis, root cause analysis and corrective action proposals) across HARMAN's Global Manufacturing, Procurement, SIOP, Quality and Best Cost Analytics footprint. The role will also lead program reviews and insure program financial commitments are delivered. The Scope of this responsibility oversees approximately $6.6B of costs across all the divisions at Harman. Key responsibility will be to function as the Finance business partner to SVP Supply Chain and Operations.
This position will have 5 Director/Sr Director direct reports and oversee a team of 100+ finance professional worldwide.
What You Will Do
- Provides strong financial leadership to the Global Supply Chain & Operations leadership team, acting as a strong business partner to help guide the business.
- Develops both long range and short range financial analysis and manages all the technical financial areas to support the business, including but not limited to make vs. buy manufacturing decisions including any required Capital Expenditures, New foot print set up, Cost Reduction Initiatives and Restructuring activities.
- Sets company policies/guidelines and develops long-range strategies, goals and objectives to improve SIOP, COPQ and time to market and cost savings across Direct and Indirect procurement.
- Leads financial planning, reporting and analysis tasks including budgets, forecasts, internal management reporting especially plant level cost comparisons and loading trends.
- Directs the preparation of reports, audits and statements utilized to provide Senior Management with information relative to financial transactions, operation costs, inventories, sales and global financing to reach sound business decisions.
- Leads program reviews and ensures program financial commitments are delivered.
- Insure compliance to HARMAN financial process and regulations (RFQs, Major/Minor Program Approvals, CARs, EARs, GAR).
- Optimizes existing reporting routines and implementation of new reporting standards and tools.
- Ensures financial commitments including capital budgets, Inventory, cost reduction budgets, new business proposals and working capital targets are achieved.
- Ensures preparation of accurate financial statements in accordance with local and US GAAP, compliance with monthly and quarterly financial reporting requirements and maintenance of a system of internal controls.
- Consults and partners with senior management to review achievements and discuss changes in the business, in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Serves as member of management committees on special studies.
What You Need
- MBA or Masters degree in Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a senior finance role
- Experience working in manufacturing, operations, engineering, and/or automotive organizations required
- Ability to work with senior management on all financial areas
- Requires strong verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of accountant standards
What is Nice to Have?
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel globally ~30%.
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, Michigan
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Extensive training opportunities through our own HARMAN University
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to HARMAN Campus Fitness Center and Cafe
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)