Technical Manager/Solution ManagerNovi, Michigan Job ID: 127325
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role:
Solution Architect would be part of the Global solution team to realign Engineering services’ focus based upon market trends, competitor initiatives, and customer feedback. This role requires working closely with Harman Sales and OEMs / Tier 1 to convert pre-sales pursuit.
The global solution team is part of Automotive Engineering services (AES). Harman AES has a 2000+ member team experienced in Automotive skills with deep hands on expertise in supporting Automotive programs using sound system integration capabilities and platform design thinking. Our engineers provide accelerated engineering capabilities to top OEMs across the globe. We have TiSAX compliant facilities providing services on Vehicle Engineering, Classic and Adaptive Autosar, Digital Cockpit development, ADAS, Android Automotive, mobility, setting up Software houses with Scaled Agile processes. We have the capability to setup Test House of Excellence with our experience of 50+ SOP programs, 70K reusable test scenarios, and more than 500k drive test experience in multiple Geography. We have 150+ accelerators to support a faster go-to-market. This role would report to the Director, Global Solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Solutions and Services Portfolio Definition and Management for Automotive Engineering Services of Harman
- Educate customers on the value proposition of Harman Products and Solutions and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful RFQ / Bids responses
- Collaborate with Sales, Business Unit management on customer engagement strategies to ensure quota attainment for the region
- Collateral & pre-sales / technical assets creation, reuse, and maintenance
- Participation in PR, Events, Webinars, etc on topics helping Harman to sell its products and services
- Identify Reusable Assets and Best Practices definition with help or Harman practice teams
What You Need:
- Knowledge of US Automotive market – OEMs, Tier 1, Tier 2, Electric Vehicle OEMs, Off-road OEMs, charging infrastructure is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant Automotive SW Engineering (especially Digital Cockpit)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in technical pre-sales, bids and proposals
- Bachelor level education in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering
What is Nice to Have:
- Ability to do Market trends and competitor analysis
- Providing training if required to Sales and Pre-Sales team on market trends, new propositions/solutions
- Ability to work with practice heads to influence their roadmap definition and go-to-market plans
- Exposure to Automotive technologies in Android Automotive, Vehicle Electronics, AUTOSAR, Telematics, ADAS / AD, Analytics, Cloud / Backend, Validation and Verification
What Makes You Eligible:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical timelines
- Exceptional work ethic, the ability to work independently, self-motivated, driven and a strong desire to succeed
- Be willing to travel domestic within US and occasionally international travel
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer:
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Extensive training opportunities through our own HARMAN University
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to HARMAN Campus Fitness Center and Cafeteria
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.