Summer Intern - Human ResourcesNovi, Michigan Job ID: 119104 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
The HR Summer Intern will support the North American Connected Car HR team with core HR initiatives such as onboarding, employee experience, talent management, record keeping, data integrity, and critical projects.
What You Will Do
- Assist with new hire onboarding procedures.
- Creating employee personnel files
- Assist with new hire data entry input into multiple systems
- Complete I-9 Verification on E-Verify
- Verify approval of employee eTime work hours
- Shadows HR Coordinator and HR Generalists.
- General administrative office duties and maintaining employee files.
- Support with special projects as assigned
What You Need
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in Human Resources or related field at an accredited institution having completed your Sophomore year or later, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office in Novi.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Must provide full work availability from May 18, 2020 through August 7, 2020 and be able to work 40 hours per week
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Real world work assignments and the opportunity to make an impact on our business
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the organization
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)