Sr. Manager, Marketing StrategyNorthridge, California, United States Job ID: 117176 Additional locations: Northridge; Novi
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:Northridge; Novi
The Senior Manager of Marketing Strategy is responsible for building and leading a more robust strategic planning process for HARMAN marketing. The individual will work closely with the divisional and cross-divisional marketing VPs in co-creating robust marketing strategies and plans that are grounded in facts, set the appropriate context for the priorities/must win battles, and make a compelling case for change. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for all things related to Brand Strategy, from refreshing our brand positionings, establishing clear and discreet roles each brand within the portfolio, and ensuring that brand guidelines and related materials reflect the spirit of the brand. Additionally, this individual will lead the development of proprietary social listening tools to step change our approaches to embedding our brands in culture as a whole and social media.
Dedicated agency analyst resource
- Build, formalize, and launch a new to HARMAN annual marketing planning process that culminates in robust, fact-based marketing strategies and priorities
- Create and deliver strategic recommendations to the C-suite on key business issues that arise outside of the planning process (i.e., “why branded audio” and “premium entry” in car audio)
- Lead the development of proprietary, best in class social listening methodologies/tools and fully integrate the insights they generate into marketing strategy and plan development;
- Instill a fact-based discipline by upgrading and standardizing approaches to return on objectives/return on investment measurement and score-carding across public relations, marketing/take-rate programs, and social.
- Translate consumer understanding, brand equity insights, and competitive intelligence into implications and recommendations for how our brands express their timeless truths with timely expressions
- Guide and consult with the Brand Development team to ensure that brand guidelines/marketing assets reflect the spirit and ambition of our brand strategies and branding architecture decisions strengthen rather than dilute our brands.
- Develop a cultural strategy for HARMAN’s flagship audio brand that sets the path for where the brand shows up in culture, what it should do/say, and who it should enlist.
- 15+ years’ experience in strategic consulting, marketing strategy development, brand planning
- Exceptional story teller with demonstrated ability to distill disparate data into a core set of insights and string those insights together to tell a compelling story and call to action
- Experience in building, selling in, and governing a new strategic planning process and driving compliance to it
- Self-starter with ability to thrive in a matrixed organization and collaborate cross-functionally with geographically dispersed teams
- Proven track record of successfully challenging orthodoxies and inspiring new behaviors and ways of working
- Strong history of influencing senior marketing executives and presenting to the C-suite
- Understanding of social media landscape and emerging trends
- Knowledge of connected and audio technologies/products a plus
- Superior communication skills and storytelling
- Creative and organized thinker
- Consultative DNA with strong willingness to partner and bring others along
- Team & relationship builder with high EQ and impeccable listening skills
- Thinker & Doer
- Passion for brands, culture, and consumers
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in either Northridge, CA or Novi, Michigan
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)