Sr. HR Generalist / Business PartnerNovi, Michigan Additional Location: Novi, Michigan Job ID: R-13511-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Sr. HR Generalist will be responsible for supporting internal business partners and their teams in the areas of performance management, recruitment, succession planning, employee relations, compensation, and reporting. This individual will act as an internal consultant on employment matters and will ensure that managers and employees are advised correctly and within company policy and employment law guidelines.
What You Will Do
- Support the development, communication, and implementation of various human resources initiatives
- Advise on company procedures and interpretation of policies to ensure the application in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ensures the resolution of employee relations issues of various levels of complexity, with guidance as needed from more senior team members.
- Develop and maintain HR dashboards and metrics for monthly operations reviews, including tracking global headcount, open positions, and turnover
- Partner with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to ensure top talent is sourced and selected for critical hiring needs, including making offer recommendations and successful onboarding of new hires
- Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Conducts exit interviews as required.
- Collect and provide data on employee concerns, including engagement and morale, and use this to make relevant recommendations.
- Responsible for overseeing and occasionally initiating various employee actions (i.e. salary changes, employee movement, terminations, etc.).
- Support NA automotive division rewards function, including job grading, compensation planning and compliance with global compensation policies and practices.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources, or a related field
- 3+ years of HR Generalist / Business Partner experience
- Experience manipulating data with MS Excel and ability to create PowerPoint presentations
- Capable of handling multiples projects/initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Skilled at multitasking, organizing, and prioritizing work while remaining flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Utilize discretion for sensitive and/ or confidential matters
- Strong communication and influencing skills
What is Nice to Have
- HR experience within a technology or automotive company
- Previous experience working in a global, matrixed organizations
- Experience with HR systems (preferably Workday), payroll, time and attendance, and recruiting
- Some knowledge in Visa/Immigration and company relocation programs
- Knowldge of global compensation processes and best practices
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office in Novi, MI (hybrid)
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class Harman and Samsung products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to HARMAN Campus Fitness Center and Cafeteria
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
- Scholarship programs for employee family members
To protect our employees, customers, and communities, HARMAN requires all U.S. employees to disclose their vaccination status and share a copy of their vaccination card. This confidential data will be collected by a trusted third-party vendor via a secure portal upon your start at HARMAN.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)