Analyst, Materials and Customer ServiceFarmington Hills, Michigan, United States Job ID: 117706 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
Maintain for Harman’s customer service team the material requirements to support Harman managed direct exchange program for new and remanufactured service units. This role will also maintain the Out of Warranty financial transactions within ERP system (invoicing, price calculation, sales tracking, etc. ) for Harman’s customer service team.
For each OEM product line, manage during and after mass production the material requirements with sub-suppliers and distribution networks that cover the following elements as applicable to the vendor:
- Maintain service material demand with Harman’s SAP system based on key weekly KPIs
- Key point of contact with Harman manufacturing for material record modifications
- Develop and streamline material service parts process, Value Stream Map if needed
- Consolidate and Create material part history and reference documentation
- Recommend and implement policies, guidelines, procedures, for material cost control
- Establish logistics reports to illustrate material requirement status
- Develop and manage inventory and stocking requirements
- Manage seed stock allocation to distributors
- Minimize inventory liability at individual service providers and distributors
- Maintains a basic understanding of technical and engineering (software/hardware) aspects of Harman products
- Question service deviations, and provides recommendations for service-related anomalies
For each OEM product line, maintain the Out of Warranty financial requirements to process orders through Harman’s service partners.
- Process OOW shipments sales via Harman’s SAP system to generate proper booking of sale.
- Develop and streamline invoicing and booking of sales through continuous improvement activities.
- Support LTB and EOL processes with current and forecasted requirements
- Manage OOW sales projections, sales analysis and sales reporting regarding new and refurbished units
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, supply chain, or management required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related work, involving data collection, material reporting, supply chain management, technical assistance, service parts, and claims processing
- Previous experience in automotive industry desired.
- Ability to work with vendors and manufacturing locations to meet customer logistics requirements
- Experience in electronics or electromechanical manufacturing environment desirable.
- Knowledge of supply chain distribution and optimization methods is beneficial.
- Experience with SAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to write reports for senior-level management
- Willingness to travel 5%
- Willingness to work in an office Farmington Hills, MI
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)