Principal Software EngineerNovi, Michigan Job ID: 120597
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible from inception to completion of leading the software design, development, integration and delivery into new or existing vehicle infotainment systems with complex capabilities including but not limited to cloud interface, software over the air updates, instrumentation for telematics, CAN application to capture CAN data among other.
- Manage Software requirements with customers
- Lead software development for Automotive infotainment systems including but not limited to Middleware layers such as vehicle Networking, Connectivity, Media, Systems, Telematics, Voice Recognition, Navigation etc.,
- Coordinate with off-shore and on-shore development team and assign work for each sprint and track their progress
- Work with Stake holders to understand and support the implementation of necessary middle-ware programming interfaces.
- Lead the Design and Development of the CAN Application module using J1939 protocol to support the data capture for Telematics applications
- Lead software integration activities for the Harman Ignite solution (Analytics Solution) for Telematics into Infotainment Systems.
- Lead system integration, unit and regression testing.
- Lead software integration activities for the Harman OTA solution (Software Over the Air software updates solution) into the existing Infotainment System.
- Will be responsible for development and integration of embedded software in Linux Systems
- Responsible for Software Update design and architecture - both over USB and OTA.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign Equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Applications, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent or related and 6+ years of experience in IT industry.
Alternate: Master’s degree (or foreign Equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Applications, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent or related and 4 years of experience in IT industry.
Other Must Have Requirements:
- Experience in software development for Automotive
- Embedded Software Development (Embedded C Programming, C++ Programming).
- Micro Controller programming
- CAN Protocol knowledge
- Diagnostics over CAN using the UDS and KWP2000 Protocols
- Good knowledge of the Vector Tools and Code generation using the CANoe tool. At least 6 years of experience
- Diagnostics and Fault Management Strategy. At least 6 years of experience
- Black box (system integration testing) and white box (unit testing & static analysis), regression test. At least 3 years of experience
- Automation testing. At least 3 years of experience
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)