Manager, PMONovi, Michigan Job ID: 118375 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
The Manager of Project Management Office (PMO) North America is responsible for supporting and institutionalizing procedures that ensure all business execution is organized and managed in a controlled way. The PMO underpins the project delivery mechanisms, ensuring the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process is followed and project outputs and deliverables are on target and milestones successfully met.
The PLM process provides the framework that all programs and project follow. It is continually reviewed, communicated and train key team members at a global level as a key role of the Manager of PMO North America. The tools that support the PLM process must be intuitive, and it is a key responsibility that the Senior Manager of PMO ensures that these tools are communicated and users are trained.
The Manager of PMO must also support and lead feature enhancement projects within the development of Harman’s ODA application suite. This application suite consists of a web platform that SBU Audio uses as its Engineering and Program Management database. The Manager of PMO will support and train all aspects of the ODA.
- Responsible for the overall Harman project methodology. This includes ensuring that all team members understand and commit to scope and understand process and quality requirements for all customer project deliverables and encourage (sometimes enforce where necessary) the PLM process.
- Provide regular training to the PM group at all levels. Remind and review new and existing processes and ensure they are followed. Provide mentoring and training of PM team within North America
- Collaborate among the Global PMO team to ensure consistent and official communication at a global level.
- Support development of new tools that are effective and critical for communication among functioning groups along the entire product life cycle by surveying those functional groups on current process and request input from those functional leaders.
- Responsible to manage, maintain and implement the PLM process and program status monitoring. This includes defect tracking reporting, metrics & KPIs, escalation protocol, supporting ISO/TS audits and corrective actions, maintaining early warning indicator systems, and continuous improvement.
- Performs regular assessments of existing process in order to identify opportunity areas. Collaborative approach with all functional leaders to developing those opportunity areas.
- Support both internal and external TS audits to help ensure program audits succeed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Applied Science.
- 5 to 7 years experience in product development or related field, preferably automotive.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver programs in the automotive manufacturing environment.
- Strong process development background with proficiency to gain organizational commitment and agreement to execute new processes.
- Working knowledge desired in the electronics and transducer products, embedded software, systems integration, and mechanical engineering in the automotive field.
- PMP certification would be an asset.
- Expert in Program Management and PLM processes.
- Experience in development of PLM support tools.
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office located in Novi, MI.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.