Lead Test EngineerNovi, Michigan Job ID: 120599
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Lead Test Engineer
- Perform Multimedia, BT/Wi-Fi and connectivity (Car play/Android Auto) testing
- Perform Feature specific tests, Integration tests, Partial/Full Regression, Automated tests
- Perform In-vehicle testing/troubleshooting, Bench testing/troubleshooting
- Perform Carplay and Android Auto Testing
- Reproduce Defects, verify fixed/resolved issues, support Developers
- Identify Test scenarios based on functional and business requirement, and create and maintain test cases
- Supporting in customer test drives
- Creating test reports of errors with supporting traces, log files and excellent descriptions.
- Ensures test results are documented and communicated appropriately and defects have been entered in the defect management tool
- Interfaces with the customer as needed to reproduce an issue found in a vehicle or system
Qualification and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (Or Foreign Equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related and 5 Years of overall experience in the IT industry of which 3-5 years for experience into Automotive Infotainment or Connectivity Testing is acceptable.
Alternate: Master's degree (Or Foreign Equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related 3 Years of overall experience in the IT industry and experience in Automotive Infotainment or Connectivity Testing is acceptable.
- Working knowledge of functional and non-functional software testing, the software test
life cycle, and various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, acceptance, smoke etc.).
- Creation test plans, test case development
- Requirements analysis
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks, test automation
- Experience with defect management tools
- Experience with logging tools, MS Office, QNX, Android, Wi-Fi, BT
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)