Facilities and Fleet Services ManagerNovi, Michigan Job ID: 120153 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
Lead Facilities and Fleet Services for all HARMAN offices in the Novi, MI Region. Facility services include building maintenance (including services provided by landlords), shipping & receiving, receptionists, and workspace management. This role will collaborate with company Management to plan for future changes and requirements and adapt our workspaces to meet our ever-changing space requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
This position reports to the Vice President, Global Real Estate and manages a team of seven facilities, fleet management and shipping/receiving employees.
What You Will Do
- Manage day to day facility operations for multiple buildings (currently 5) and fleet management of HARMAN test vehicles (approximately 100 vehicles)
- Coordinate with internal business partners to manage moves, adds, changes for seat assignments and with Engineering to manage car lab space
- Implement new tools, systems, and processes to increase efficiencies and standardization among the facility management business
- Manage maintenance and construction projects in buildings
- Serve as the Facility Champion when planning all office events and provide facilities support as required
- Manage the facilities budget (Opx/CapX)
- Co-Champion the EHS&S program for ISO9001
- Purchase all new test and demo cars for the US, and obtain titles/insurance for new cars while maintaining registration/insurance for existing cars
What You Need
- 5+ years of experience in managing facilities for a large and complex office environment
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, prepare spreadsheets, and expense forecasts
- Previous management experience with excellent managerial skills to lead a team and to interface with all levels throughout the organization and outside of the organization with Landlords, Vendors, Contractors, etc.
- Outstanding judgment
What is Nice to Have
- Experience in CAD and the ability to read construction documents
- Basic understanding of maintenance and building systems (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
- Experience in Property Management
- Experience within an automotive engineering environment
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to drive to multiple local offices
- Be willing to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- This position requires the use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle. As such, any offer of employment will be contingent upon having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in HARMAN’s sole discretion, no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
What We Offer
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)